TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new wheels and tires barely clear this on the front. Is this normal? I am concerned that with new springs it'll end up right in my tire.

Any advice? Hmm...

·
Registered
125 Posts
That is much farther away than what mine was with my Eibachs and wide tires. I had to grind an angle on the stud to get clearance.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Nothing you do will make your tires any closer to the spindle. The new springs will just make the spindle closer to the car, not the wheel/tire. :)

You have more clearance between yours than I do on mine. I can barely fit my index finger in to the first knuckle in the gap between the tire and the spindle.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice... just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone here. :)

·
Registered
1994 Tbird - JO'Neil long block, TFHS trans, Quarterhorse tuned
418 Posts
keep and eye on that upper control arm ball joint....the boot is ripped. only a matter of time....

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Yeah, SW hit it right on the head, and you have tons of room!

John

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
dode said:
Yeah, SW hit it right on the head, and you have tons of room!

John
No doubt!! I was expecting to see credit card sized clearances. :beek:

The part of the spindle you've photographed moves with the tire.... so it looks like you need bigger tires. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Bill H said:
keep and eye on that upper control arm ball joint....the boot is ripped. only a matter of time....
beat me too it. Mastertech quted me 1500 dollars on balljoints a tie rod and strut bushings... but this is for another post.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Dude, you got off easy ;).

I had to grind the lower stub of my upper ball joint off just to get my 255/50/17's to fit :D.

And yeah, you might be able to fit a CC between the sidewall and the spindle LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts