TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Thunderbird 4.6L with 27,500 miles. My Check Engine Light (MIL) came on a few weeks ago. I have not noticed any change in the performance. I purchased a code reader and found the following codes. P0135, P0141, P0155, and P0161. I cleared the codes to see if they returned. The came back a few days later. The four codes indicate that all four heated oxygen sensors’ (HO2S) heater circuits have failed. I can’t believe all four sensors would go at the same time. Dose any one have a schematic of the wiring for the HO2S circuits? If not what is common to all four other than the PCM that might be setting the four codes. I pulled and cleaned the MAF sensor with no help.
Mike

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Um, I think you might want to look in the fuse block and see if the HEGO fuse blew...that's your Heated Exhaust Gas Oxygen sensor circuit. If not then I'd get ahold of the wiring schematic and start at the sensors, tracing the wiring harnesses back and looking for loose connections and the like.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Added any Fuel Additives Lately :confused: When my son
bought his SE Contour - him and his buddies dumped some
Octane booster stuff in the gas tank hoping to make it go faster :2huh:

Well it wasn't long after that - up popped the :eek: yellow meanie !!
And yes I ended up replacing the O2 sensors.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which fuse is the HEGO? I don't see one listed that would tell me which fuse to pull. Looking at the fuses I don't see any that have a broken element. I did not pull and check them with a meter but I can do that this weekend.

The only Fuel Additives I have used are injector cleaners, which I have used at each oil change. I normal use 87 octane but had to use 91 octane on a trip because the place I stopped was out of other fuels. (Parts of living in the middle of nowhere)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts