TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having a safety inspection done on my bird in preparation for a trip to the strip. I noticed that one of the mufflers had a 1 1/2 inch rusted out hole in it. This is from DynoMax's cat-back which I installed in August of 2001. Sheesh, I would have expected better than 20 months of life out of these mufflers. Anyone else had a problem with DynoMax?:mad:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
bigbird said:
I was having a safety inspection done on my bird in preparation for a trip to the strip. I noticed that one of the mufflers had a 1 1/2 inch rusted out hole in it. This is from DynoMax's cat-back which I installed in August of 2001. Sheesh, I would have expected better than 20 months of life out of these mufflers. Anyone else had a problem with DynoMax?:mad:
Check out an old post of JL's:

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=59666#post59666

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh well . . I ordered a replacement, should be here in about a week. Too bad they're not stainless steel like the Ford OEM mufflers.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Before i cut the dynomax off of my car I had them on for 1 and a half years because they rusted right through. Considering they had a life time warrenty on them I got a brand new pair for absolutly nothing, not even a charge for the shipping. But I do live on a dirt road so that helped it out with the rusting part.

-Brian

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sent them an email. Let's see how good their after sales support is.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
bigbird said:
Oh well . . I ordered a replacement, should be here in about a week. Too bad they're not stainless steel like the Ford OEM mufflers.
OE Ford mufflers are not SS..
JL

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
borla is hot stuff if you just dont care about money....mufflers? pfffffffff ima cut mine and let the reso become my muffler...........ps isnt holey spelled holy?.......typo i guess

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JoeyICU said:
borla is hot stuff if you just dont care about money....mufflers? pfffffffff ima cut mine and let the reso become my muffler...........ps isnt holey spelled holy?.......typo i guess
Well you see it's a play on words. Holey as there is a hole DUH!:tongue:

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
i was thinkin that b/c who needs a muf! lol...i know what you mean tho you like your ears and hearing your stereo on the freeway

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually with the hole in it, it sounds better! It's just a little louder with a nice mellow tone. :) I just don't like rust.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
My exhaust is fricken loud... one of my mufflers gave out about a month ago, it was REALLY loud, too loud... got that fixed promptly... so now it's just back to a good loud :)

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
well if its got a nice tone with the hole......why not spray something on it to stop the rust but keep the hole the same size? lol but it will get biger and biger

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
holy loud exhaust battman just cut that thing off and replace it with a pipe!!! ;) haha sike....go find a universal stainless steal replacement......ive had my oem mufflers for 9 years throught i guess 8 winters and they havent even rusted throught yet......they hold up well but i doubt they sound good and i know they flow like fical

1 - 19 of 19 Posts