TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Image and video hosting by TinyPic" media="(max-width: 640px)"> Image and video hosting by TinyPic" media="(max-width: 960px)"> Image and video hosting by TinyPic" media="(max-width: 1920px)">

Photobucket" media="(max-width: 640px)"> Photobucket" media="(max-width: 960px)"> Photobucket" media="(max-width: 1920px)">

Photobucket" media="(max-width: 640px)"> Photobucket" media="(max-width: 960px)"> Photobucket" media="(max-width: 1920px)">

Fast and furious my @$$.....lol

According to the lot selling it wont last long.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Wow! Not only is the spoiler "over the top," but the rear bumper cover and tailpipes look like ****! Pretty clean otherwise!

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
looks like a v6 t-bird.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well when it isn't holding the tires firmly to the pavement at 200 MPH you could sit under it and eat your picnic. Yuck!

·
Registered
126 Posts
At least it doesn't have neon lights and a 5" exhaust pipe.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I think that 'Bird got stung by a Super Bee!

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
That's a superBIRD, not a superbee.
Well, technically, Plymouth had the Superbird, Dodge's version was the Superbee.

And I know they look different, but the wing on the Plymouth was better for this situation :)

·
Super Moderator
16,819 Posts
Actually you're still wrong, Dodge's version was the Daytona for 1969 only, the Superbird was Plymouth's replacement for 1970. The Superbee was Dodge's equivalent to the standard RoadRunner.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Actually you're still wrong, Dodge's version was the Daytona for 1969 only, the Superbird was Plymouth's replacement for 1970. The Superbee was Dodge's equivalent to the standard RoadRunner.
Never heard of the 1969 Dodge Daytona, definitely have to research that one! Wow, nice - learned something today!

Well, it STILL sounded better saying stung by a Superbee than Daytona or Superbird - lol

I guess I should have researched before I posted - I was going by memory that obviously, I had wrong (da*n you wikipedia!)

You youngsters are so damn nitpicky.

·
Registered
69 Posts
hahahah when i first looked at this picture i didn't even see the spoiler until i scrolled down then i was like omg why???? now thats a spoiler that actually spoils the car i mean come on i see people with these big spoilers what do they think they are gonna fly or something? i mean really.... :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
45 years old and
Never heard of the 1969 Dodge Daytona.....
lol wow.

The wing on those real "wing cars" were as high as they were only because in the "hurry up- make it fast and make it fast" design stages somebody forgot that the trunk needed to open more than the 4 inches it was allowed with the original wing design.....those wings were mounted on the top of the rear quarters, and not on the trunk lid itself. The design went all the way to working prototype status before someone tried to open the trunk. :facepalm: Quick and easy: make the wing tall enough to allow the trunk lid to open underneath it. Deleting the wing wasn't an option as it provided a much needed substantial downforce at the nascar superspeedways. It was enough of an advantage over the rest of the brands/models eligible to race nascar that for 1971 the "wing cars" were restricted to 305 ci engines instead of the 426 Race Hemi.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts