TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, does anyone know if the smog inspectors in Arizona (Phoenix area) would throw a hissy fit if I went in with my cheap-o cold air intake still installed on there? I know they might pick on the PCV breather thing, which means I'd probably have to reinstall the stock violin case part, but can they pitch a gripe about the replacement of the stock airbox with a cone in the fenderwell?

I've checked the inspection laws on Arizona's DOT website and it doesn't say one way or the other, as far as I could tell. Anyone live down there presently or in the past and have passed/failed an inspection with a cone filter setup?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one owns an MN12 in Arizona...? :confused:

·
8,239 Posts
My advice to you is to save the stock parts, and put them back on when emissions inspection time comes. No PCV is a "no no" here in NY.

JH

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess so. Hopefully, if I put all the stock stuff on, they won't notice the lack of an intake silencer. Right now, it's sitting in a landfill somewhere, so I doubt I'd be able to find it again to put it back on... :D

Btw, if I go swapping back to the stock intake junk for inspections, would I need to reset the ECU (yank the battery cable and whatnot), or will it not have any effect at all on emissions output one way or the other? Wouldn't want the thing to be running rich as a result of putting the restrictive stock junk on and giving it less air than it's used to, thus throwing all my emissions numbers out of whack...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts