TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After following some advise I learned on this site. I got a piece of 3 inch exhaust some sewer hose conection pieces and a couple hose clamps. I found my self with a nice intake. Not as cool as the one richard m makes but good enough for poor folk. I finished it last night, on my way to work this morning I encountered a proplem. My car began to run quite a bit hotter. I also senced the powerful smell of anti freeze. The intake did some good in the pony range. I notice it right away, expecially when I chirped them up to 3rd. What should I look for to keep my bird for overheating. Is the new volume of air just causeing an increase of fuel there for rasing my temp?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Check for air-leaks, make sure your anti-freeze isn't running out somewhere, check the level of it..

Depending on how thick the metal is it could soak in heat rather quickly but still shouldn't cause the anti-freeze smell. Wrap that thing in header tape to get rid of the heat problem.

·
Registered
244 Posts
damn boy, chirping up to third gear??? you must have a better car than I, and mine is a 96 w/ no accum spring and a j chip.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
BR1 said:
damn boy, chirping up to third gear??? you must have a better car than I, and mine is a 96 w/ no accum spring and a j chip.
Or bald tires... :D

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
J-Rob said:
i chirp 3rd at the track, but im still pretty slow :(
Chirping 3rd rocks.. especially when they find out that you haven't swapped in a manual tranny. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts