TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey. i have a '93 T bird LX and my neighbor has either a 93 or 95 same color. she somehow managed to fry the wiring harness and don't wanna go and have it fixed(the things people are able to do). so my question is they are letting me take the trunk and hood cuz they seem to be in better condition than mine. but her trunk has a spoiler on the back with a light built in. if i swap my stock trunk with her's how will i add into my wiring to accomodate for her extra alight? should i cut my wires clean off and wire matching colors back together and just add in the spoiler light with the brake lights? needing some help.....don't really know what to do

any help at all would be great

·
Registered
935 Posts
Well if you take her hood and its a '95 you will have to swap more than just the hood for the header panel, bumper cover, and headlights are different.

The trunk should be a direct swap, and I'm almost certain you would use the wiring from the third brake light for the spoilers lighting.

-Tim

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks alot...i talked to an electrical guy from my work and he say i can just splice the spoiler light into the existing wiring of the regular brake lights. thanks for the input

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
When I wired in my spoiler's light, I found that the window third light housing and the wire sockets for the bulbs were melted. So I just cut off the ends and connected them to my spoiler light wires. I left the window light disconnected, since I don't need a fourth brake light.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
smitty2919 said:
ok thanks alot...i talked to an electrical guy from my work and he say i can just splice the spoiler light into the existing wiring of the regular brake lights. thanks for the input
you dont have to cut anything!! when i added the sploier to mine , it was a complete plug n play. the harness runs along the back seat and has a quick connect . the deck wiring is there you just gotta plug it in and disconnect your in car third lamp

·
Administrator
8,250 Posts
jk89cat said:
you dont have to cut anything!! when i added the sploier to mine , it was a complete plug n play. the harness runs along the back seat and has a quick connect . the deck wiring is there you just gotta plug it in and disconnect your in car third lamp
I agree! If it's a factory Ford spoiler all the wiring you need will be there.

Joe

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's the thing i don't know if it's a stock spolier...and neither does the girl i'm taking the parts from. i'll play with it and see what i can come up with

1 - 7 of 7 Posts