TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wanting to know how hard it wood be to fiberglass the hood scoop that i have on my bird now, so thAT I WILL LOOK LIKE ITS MADE INTO THE HOOD. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO FIBERLASS THIS.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
If it was mine i would first trace the scoop on the hood. take the under hood insulation down. then use a plasma cutter and cut inside the lines. so the hole is a little smaller than the scoop. That way the mounting flange has something to rivet too. Then from the top side of the hood rivet the scoop in all for corners thee one in each side between the corners. After that grind the heads smooth as you can.Then cover them in body plastic to hide the rivet's. Then do your sanding to the body plastic until smooth you will need several coats sanding beweeten each one. Then you will be ready for primer. fiberglass or body plastic will not hold by it's self. Pictures of the scoop would help me tell you possibly another way to do it.

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
Fiberglass work is not hard at all, its just very tedious. If you don't mind putting in the time youself, then go for it.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts