TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have aftermarket hoods, how much did it cost to get it painted? Thanks

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I'm not a paint expert here or anything but I think it would be better to get the whole car painted because its probably gonna be hard to match the original paint to the new stuff. Unless the car has been recently painted :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Actuly i you get a good painter to do it you wont be able to tell the dif. My dad had to get his hood re-painted on his '93 earlier this year and it's that floppy red (sunrise red) and it came out great, cant even tell. everything blended very well. For a good job and depending on the color, you may be looking at as high as a couple hundred. I cant see it being higher than that for a factory color

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
The silver shouldn't be too hard to blend. Most solid colors aren't. My pearl bird was only partially repainted after both accidents. The first repaint on the front end looked awesome... the second looked terrible. If you find a good paint and body shop, you'll never notice the blend.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know a good one here, I need to talk to them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
the last body shop i went to they got a really good paint match and they just blended my fenders and bumper, i was really happy with it :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
SanDiegoLXBird said:
The first repaint on the front end looked awesome... the second looked terrible.
:confused: Hey .... what was the difference? Where was the first one done? Where /Who did the second? And finally ... WHY didn't you use the 1st guy the 2nd time???? Thanks!! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts