1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
811 Posts
That looks real good. Did you paint it or did you get a black coated one?

Are you able to use the hood latch, like you did on the stocker? My latch will not grab completely, so my hood pins are more that looks and safety. The left side of my hood is about a 1/8 inch (give or take a hair) too short. The right side lines up with a perfect gap, I will end up glassing the rest of the way. I guess the molds are getting alittle out of wack? I read somewhere that the hood molds start to loose their shape after 10 hoods or something. I don't know, but what can you do....there are not to many companies for us. Sorry to seal the thread.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Nice hood, Very nice car......

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RAYBROADWAY said:
That looks real good. Did you paint it or did you get a black coated one?

Are you able to use the hood latch, like you did on the stocker? My latch will not grab completely, so my hood pins are more that looks and safety. The left side of my hood is about a 1/8 inch (give or take a hair) too short. The right side lines up with a perfect gap, I will end up glassing the rest of the way. I guess the molds are getting alittle out of wack? I read somewhere that the hood molds start to loose their shape after 10 hoods or something. I don't know, but what can you do....there are not to many companies for us. Sorry to seal the thread.

The hood was white when I got it. My hood will latch, but it's hard to get open. I'm thinking of just removing the latch since I have hood pins anyways. This hoos was actually pretty clean as far as the shapes go. My last cobra r hood had high and low spots in it, and about a 2" gap from the middle of the hood to the tbird emblem.

·
Registered
601 Posts
sooo hot want to touch the hynie...-Adam Sandler

Im refering to the car

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GreenThunder15 said:
that looks sweet dude!!.....i think that i want to do that to my '94 now...that is seriously awesome
Just a hint if you do the headlight conversion, take the inner fenders out. It will save you lots of cussing and time. Go to autozone and get some body panel clips from "Dorman" b/c you'll break your old ones, and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
:headbang:

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Wicked nice.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Ya your bird looks awesome with that hood. It really finishes it off and makes it look mean :) Nice job

-Matt-

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SanDiegoLXBird said:
Kinda looks like my car. lol. Just black. So is SCP making the hoods now or are they still sourcing them from Fast Glass? I bought mine way back when it was still Legendary.
they are coming from fiber concepts

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Why do you have to remove the inner fenders for the headlight swap? I never messed with mine, nor did I break any body clips?

Mine also came from Fiber Concepts. I'd recommend them...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Well snice my son just crashed my cougar and it needs a new hood and I like that hood so much and I called Bill at SCP and ordered the same hood. I would like to see the hood on a cougar. It looks great enjoy it did you keep the support cylinders or did you get the prop rod.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts