TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a new hood.... again.... :rolleyes: pissed off ex gf took a baseball bat to my fairly new scp 3" cowl hood... so its done for... I liked the look of the hood I got from scp but it wasn't very cost friendly at $500 for the hood + crating + shipping to my residence + prep + paint, not to mention unfortunately the paint shop I went to didn't do the best job with the paint match! :mad:

I am looking at the VFN hoods but I read of a lot of problems with them on here, everything from the mold being completely off, to damaged durring shipping, to it not sitting right on the hinges or not opening all the way, or being warped and having the diving board effect toward the corner lenses.

I need a new hood I like the look and cost of the VFN but I'll avoid it and buy a SCP hood if those are very frequent problems with them, I had no problems with my SCP hood, I just kind of like the look of the VFN hood better, have these problems been fixed?

Also I know the pin on hood from VFN has no mounts for the hood shocks or hinges but do they have that rear screen like the more expensive one does or not? And how hard would it be if I went with the pin on one to mount the rear pins? where do you mount the rear pins? I already have pins in the front where the bump stops used to be but I can't picture them on the back anywhere

And finally.... how much is too much for paint and prep on something like this?

Thank you all for your time and responces... this site has been nothing but good to me

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bumpity bumpity.... still need a hood... still need to know answers

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

·
Registered
552 Posts
my vfn hood wasn't that bad. I got it and at first it wouldnt sit correctly so I pulled the front latch off the car not it sits level but it won't fit with the stock hood shocks in there. It has a spot to mount them on the hood but for some reason when they are connected the hood doesn't sit right. Other than that it sits pretty flush with the fenders and whatnot

·
Registered
493 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
LOL Thats what I was thinking. I think the "pissed off ex-girlfriend" needs to be buying the new hood.

Why do they do things like that? One country singer (female of course) even sang a song about it!

·
Registered
103 Posts
ya i think the one ur talking about is before he cheats by carry underwood

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Yep, thats the one. In the video she beats up a bright Red Dodge

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
LOL Thats what I was thinking. I think the "pissed off ex-girlfriend" needs to be buying the new hood.

Why do they do things like that? One country singer (female of course) even sang a song about it!
i claimed debt on teh gf's behalf first!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
wait.. that was in another thread..... or it was one that got lost.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow how carried away this is getting.... yes I'm taking her to court... vengence will be mine

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts