TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about putting on a hood scoop and a rear spoiler. I think it would add to the looks of the car and dress up the plain looking flat hood, but I'd like to hear thoughts before I drill holes in it. ;) I'm also planning on getting some nicer wheels and lowering it a little later on. I'd also appreciate any other ideas or options. :D

I'm thinking about a Cougar Eliminator scoop like this, painted body color

or maybe a 82 Mustang GT scoop, painted body color

As far as a spoiler I'm thinking about the SCP #1 3 mount spoiler

Here's a pic of the car to go by

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
IMHO, the spoiler looks fine. As far as the hood scoop goes, I would try and have it photoshopped on before getting it. I would want a scoop that flows w/ the lines of the car a bit more than the Eliminator scoop, something a bit more rounded since the 'bird doesn't really have any sharp edges to compliment the scoop, but like I said that's just me.

Jay

·
Registered
811 Posts
I know the spoiler will look good. I agree the hood scoop is a little edgy for these cars. But give it a shot have someone photoshop it and see if you like it or not.

I have to say, damn that is a sexy old fox-stang. Looks alot like my first car......I sure miss that sexxxxxy machine. :D

·
Administrator
8,034 Posts
Boston Cat had an Eliminator hood scoop on his 95 and I thought it looked pretty damn good.

I'm not sure if I have any pictures of it, maybe he might see this thread and post up.

Joe

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I had a clearance need to add one, and wad worried about how it would look. I used the bolt on eliminator scoop on mine, then molded it in to my cowl hood.

I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That bird is such a bad***. Congrats on getting into MM&FF :headbang:

Unless anyone has a better idea, I'm leaning more towards the Eliminator scoop at this point. The only problem with the Fox body scoop is that they haven't re-popped them yet, but they do show up on epay every once in a while. :D

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Man, I am wanting to use that same scoop on my '92 Cougar only I'm going to use the spoiler that was used on 69 & 70 BOSS 429 or 70-73 MACH I.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Scoop

I'm tempted to try that scoop on my 92' Super Coupe.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw a 01-04 Mustang GT today and thought the scoop on that might look good on there. I'm still seriously considering the Eliminator scoop also. Would anybody care to photoshop these on, I'd certainly appreciate it. :D

I lucked up and found a good shot of the scoop on this sharp Eliminator

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm looking at getting one of these 2 scoops for my '92 Sport, but first I need to save up for some front and rear bumper covers. Somebody was really rough on them.:mad: The one in the 2nd photo is considerably narrower than the first, but I think it would look good on an MN12.:D I was also considering a thunderbolt style teardrop scoop, but decided it would'nt look right.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I wouldn’t do the hood scoop IMO. Definitely do the wing though, I plan on that some day.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The problem with the GT scoop is it looks like it's coming 3/4 of the way down the hood. The MN-12 has a short and wide hood. So I think a short and wide scoop would look best. I'll get the measurements on the hood tomorrow. I can't find the dimensions of the GT scoop. I did find the Eliminator scoop's. "25" long and 20.5" wide. It's approx. 2-1/4" tall at the front and tapers to about 1" at the rear". A cervinis spoiler would work just as well as the SCP. It's just a matter of availability and $$ :D

Originally posted by Ben_999:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I measured the hood and got a Length of 47" at center. The Width is 61". So an eliminator scoop will come down slightly over half way at 25".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts