TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whew, I've been working for three days trying to get this done. My neighbors buddy fell through, so I elected to do it myself. Day one was sanding and smoothing. Day two was primer and wet sanding. Day three was painting. Today (in between rain and storms) was wet sanding, buffing and taking the picks. It was a rush job so I could get some pics for the calender contest, Now I can take it off at my leisure and do the final touch up, sanding and buffing to make it perfect. Whew!

·
Super Moderator
7,686 Posts
I like it. Looks MUCH better painted white than it did when it was flat black just sitting on there. Good job.

Mike

·
Registered
649 Posts
When I needed to repaint my hood I was going to use that scoop but decided not to since I did not know what it would look like. Wish I would have. It looks great :cool:

Did you put the lights in the back of the scoop?

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Looks great!

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
i love pictures like the 1st one where there is an overcast, cars just look 10x better if theres a big overcast

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
musto said:
i love pictures like the 1st one where there is an overcast, cars just look 10x better if theres a big overcast
100% agreed Matt :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all. I appreciate the input. I have the blinker lights out of the scoop for the moment. When I bought it, it didn't have the light sockets or bulbs. So I'm in the process of finding a set that will fit. I'm gonna wire them in with the parking lights instead of the blinkers. Then on each side of the scoop, towards the rear, I'm gonna install blue L.E.D.'s for the signals. Then behind the grill (under the scoop) I'll be putting either a neon light, or some type of sequental light wired to a switch in the dash (maybe where the fog light switch goes). I did something similar to a '70 XL ragtop I customized when I was Yut. :D Thanks again....

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mach I Scoop

Looks great :) I recognized it right off, I have a 70 Mach I-------one of the days :(

Now I kinda wonder what a 70 "Boss" scoop would look like! Did you glass it over the hood sheet metal or did you cut out a portion and flange the outline for the scoop to sit in? I have really been thinking about doing one that way because there is a lot of discussion about the safety of the front latches on the "glass" hoods. Also would provide more clearance (Clarence) for 351 swaps or higher intakes.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Great work :thumbsup: Very subtle

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I not a fan of hood scoops on these cars but yours came out nice. I think i'd like it better if the grill inside was black tho...

As for all the lighting your talking about i'd rather not see that on a hood scoop but it's your car, have fun.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

This is how it looked after I got it off of Ebay. The guy who I bought it from packed it good, but the tips still managed to get mangled somehow during shipping. But not so bad that I couldn't fix them. On One, I managed to build up with primer and sanding, but the other is gonna need more work. I did a rush job to get it done so I could take some pics for the calender contest, but I still wanted it to look good. It took me three days to do it. I couldn't get the right color to spray it with. I tried all the local stores. All I could find was the little 1/2 once touch-up. I went to a local ford dealer and they told me that ford quit making spray touch up paint. So I had to match one as close as I could. It's a GM color. I took a bunch of pics as I was going thru the process. I'll be posting them up on my page at cardomain.com tonight. It's called axes1994.

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
I love it! Subtle yet agressive. It really does suit the car as a whole and pulls everything together nicely. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The hood scoop looks good , it does look beter white than black. Looks like you you were in del city. I was just there a couple months ago takeing the ferry out to pea patch.:D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts