TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their hood support shocks, or whatever you call them, you know the things that keep the hood from falling down on your head while trying to refill the wiper fluid resevoir?

Did you use OEM parts, or did you find some good ones at Autozone?

Input is greatly appreciated.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
when the ones on my 89 wore out, I replaced them with a 3 foot long ax handle. but if you care abit more about your car than I did about my 89, check out autozone or similar. Last i heard they were $23 to $27 each from ford.

·
Registered
4 Posts
there is a thing we sell at work called a lift lock... its simple as hell, its a stick attached to the shock rod, when u lift the hood it slide up and clicks in and stops the hood from coming back down, just gotta make sure u pull it out every time u close the hood, thats the gay part

·
Registered
343 Posts
tbirdfive0 said:
i replaced mine with a handle from a shovel... ask the guys from the albany meet 2 years ago, or any of the CT guys.... they all laughed at me for it.
(Thunderterd) Let me tell you it was a pretty shovel at that :rofl:
For the group picture we all had to put are hands on the hood so his didnt look that bad

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts

you mean that shovel handle? :) hehehe what a group of guys, holding theirs hoods and all.. ahhaha....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts