TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am almost finished paying off my Thunderbird and it has some hood damage, nothing that I can't bend out myself but I saw this as an opportunity (or excuse )*cough* to maybe invest in an after market hood.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any decent hoods for the 1997 T-bird or mustang hoods that can be retro fitted?

The only one I come across is the DuraFlex BW3.

it's definitely not what I'm looking for so anyone with suggestions please inform me,

thanks

·
Registered
623 Posts
I think everyone here is glad you don't like that hideous hood. Check out supercoupeperformance.com they carry the hood that 99% of tbird people with glass hoods have because it looks the best imho.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
If you want a great fitting hood without a super high price tag you should check out Fiber concepts. They supply supercoupeperformance.com and are located in PA. They will ship for a crate and shipping fee. If you are close to them at all or go to any of the car shows, you can pick it up and bypass the freight. Talk to Rob if you call/email them... he is a great guy.
I've done a few group buys through here using him a couple of times with no complaints. I also run his hood on my car and have had no complains, but a ton of compliments.

You check out his t-bird hoods here: http://www.fiberpartsconcepts.com/1298488.html

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright, thanks a bunch.

I've taken a liking to the Ram Air "Style" Hood from SPC, a little pricey but I guess you'l get what you pay for.

also: it seems that BW3 or whatever hood really is a joke, making me not the only one to laugh

·
Registered
86 Posts
You got that right, not what i am into but i liked the hood. I was going to go with the cobra r but thought the ram air cut outs broke up the design nice.

·
Registered
623 Posts
i got the ram air cobra hood from SCP..it is expensice but the end result is definitely worth the money in my opinion.. and as far as the first hood you posted. idk if the one for Tbirds is fake but i do know that you can get that hood for the mustangs. i girl down the street from me has a 2003 mustang gt with that hood. it actually doesn't look all that bad..the pic shown with the hood on the tbird looks hideous!

actually taking a second look at the pic of the bird with that hood, the scoop and little raised fins along side of the scoop are a slightly different shade of white. so more than likely it was a bad photoshop design. which would explain why the scoop and fins look so much bigger in the pic than the one i seen on the mustang...

·
Registered
746 Posts
If you want a great fitting hood without a super high price tag you should check out Fiber concepts. They supply supercoupeperformance.com and are located in PA. They will ship for a crate and shipping fee. If you are close to them at all or go to any of the car shows, you can pick it up and bypass the freight. Talk to Rob if you call/email them... he is a great guy.
I've done a few group buys through here using him a couple of times with no complaints. I also run his hood on my car and have had no complains, but a ton of compliments.

You check out his t-bird hoods here: http://www.fiberpartsconcepts.com/1298488.html
I agree, I purchased my hood from Rob and I am more than satisfied.

·
Registered
182 Posts
the picture of oxmans old car... that hood won't work on his 94/95... the hood will stick out over the front of the grill about a 1/2 inch... i have a 96/97 hood on my '95 bird and it sticks out about that far... if you do like that hood then you should conver the front of your bird to the 96/97 front bumper/header panel/ headlights and turn signals.... that would eliminate your hood gap... super coupe performance is the way to go

·
Registered
501 Posts
The 96/7 front bumper cover is not needed on the 94/5 cars when doing the 96/7 front bumper conversion. The hood shouldn't be sticking out from the "grill" area of the bumper cover on your car if you are running a 96/7 hood on a 94/5 car Some thing doesn't sound right. Do you have the hood adjusted?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yeah, I believe if you want to run a 96/97 hood on a 94/95 you'd just need to change headlight and corners, which I would do anyways because they look a lot more modern.

·
Registered
623 Posts
:zwthstpd: should only need headlights and corners.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts

Mercury, would you be interested in doing a group buy again for one of these? It seems like there is plenty enough interest in them, a local guy needs one, and I'm game as well. Do they come in white gelcoat? Mine might need modification before paint... would match the car in the mean time. :)

-Joel

·
Registered
182 Posts
i'll take pictures when i get a chance and show you what i'm talking about. the hood was adjusted properly... if you get the 96/97 header panel, lights, and corners will the push the grill out enought to make it and the leading edge of the hood flush?

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
i'll take pictures when i get a chance and show you what i'm talking about. the hood was adjusted properly... if you get the 96/97 header panel, lights, and corners will the push the grill out enought to make it and the leading edge of the hood flush?
Yes, as soon as you get the right 97 header panel and headlights, you can push the bumper out to be flush and all is well. Come to a meet and check out my car, it's done correctly, and IMO it looks great. Interested in selling that hood? :)

-Joel

1 - 20 of 25 Posts