TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some infomation on hoods for our cars. Are these ones I see in the pics basically bolt on or do they needa lot of work to fit right.

Any info on that or brands would be apreciated.

Thanks

Tony

·
Registered
935 Posts
I assume you're talking about the hoods in the most wanted parts section? Okay these are bolt up and pretty easy to install, but I've read that they are a pain when it comes to hooking up the support arms. This was on a few cases not all. Also most of them are for t-birds and not cougars, so if your installing on a cougar it takes a little modding to make it work with the different lights and grill.

Hope I helped you out a little. Good luck.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
Alot of it depends on the company you buy it from. When I got my Mach I hood last December, my dad had asked me why I wanted to get it from the more expensive company instead of the other companies that were $100-150 cheaper. I wanted mine from Cervini's because I knew they were good quality and would fit good where as I wasnt' sure about the other companies. If I remember right, it was Lonnie Doll that said he has worked with hoods before and prefer's Cervini's because of how well made they were.

If I remember right, Legendary is a 50/50 chance of whether you get a good hood or not. I've seen and heard stories about where the hood needed extra time just to get to be ready to go on and then still need more work to get it to fit right. And then others get one and it goes on the first time with little adjustment. I've personally only worked with the Cervini's hood when I got mine. It needed very little prep work and little adjustment when it went on. Sometimes it's worth spending the extra money to go with a good company. Just remember the old saying, 'you get what you paid for'

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
940 Posts
Also with legenday hood, you have to modify your fresh air intake, the black plastic that runs across the car by the windshield wipers. And yes they can be bad (speaking from experience). Go to my website which I made when I was really angry about 7 months ago when I received the legendary hood. http://members.tccoa.com/kewlbird/legendaryhood.htm

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
I will be going there in Nov.....

KewlBird said:
Also with legenday hood, you have to modify your fresh air intake, the black plastic that runs across the car by the windshield wipers. And yes they can be bad (speaking from experience). Go to my website which I made when I was really angry about 7 months ago when I received the legendary hood. http://members.tccoa.com/kewlbird/legendaryhood.htm
I called today about a hood and since I will be in Pa in Nov I will personally go there and get it.I guess that will save me a couple hundred in shipping and I can make sure it is right before I buy it.
What should I look for?
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
940 Posts
Re: I will be going there in Nov.....

LX-Tasy said:

I called today about a hood and since I will be in Pa in Nov I will personally go there and get it.I guess that will save me a couple hundred in shipping and I can make sure it is right before I buy it.
What should I look for?
Thanks,
Chris

Smartest thing that you can do, if I was able to do that I would've done it.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I guess I was lucky.
When I called legendary hoods and ordered the hood I found out where the shop was.

It was about 10 minutes from my house.

natrually, I just went to pick it up.
danman

·
Registered
467 Posts
doing the work on your hood yourself takes awhile..i preped my hood for atleast a 2 months.....since fiberglass sucks in paint...

but i didnt have any problems with it...but on a 89 you will have to buy diff. bolts to put the hood on....my support arms went on with no problem at all....

and another thing i had to do was cut some of my latch off so the hood will clear and open smoothly without catching on anything...i can show picks if you'd like...

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
legendary

Where is legenday located? I live in Horsham, right near Hatboro, and supposedly this place is like right near me. I still can't find the place.

·
Registered
658 Posts
It is in warminster.
Right off of 263 and street road(113)

The actual address I don't know.
Give the guy a call, his number is on the most wanted parts list.

danman

·
Registered
505 Posts
Melon, that thing looks...

really rough! Do most aftermarket hoods come with a certain amount of work that needs to be done. I mean how far away from sanding, priming and painting are they usually? I can't believe how bad the ram air vent looks. And it's not like you can just send it back and say "fix it",... because of the major shipping hassles you'd have to go through.

Kind of makes you think they don't get many TBird orders,... and they put the new guy on that one.

Thanks for the info on those guys.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
most hoods need $500 to $1000 (including painting) worth of work before it will be of stock quality.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Legendary is in Warrington just off Titus Ave which is right off 611 by the new Lowe's and TGI Friday's, etc. You know where that rainbow colored bar is, that's Titus Ave, and then its the first right.
I am going down there sometime in the next week because he owes me a killer deal on a hood since he used my car to fit up the 96-97 hoods on 4 different occasions.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I wonder if he used your car to fit up my hood.
I have a 97 hood on my 94.

danman

btw- your right about the location. Sometimes I mixed up.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Well, I went down to Legendary today and talked to Larry and ordered up a hood for my '97. The front bumper and hood of my car is in desperate need of a repaint, so I figured I'd just get a new hood too.
I am going to pick it up in about 1-2 weeks, so I'll take all kinds of pics and let you know how the quality is. Since I am going to pick it up, I expect it to be in very good condition.
danman - if your hood is a '96-97 Cobra R or Cobra R ram air, yup, it was probably my car that was used to test fit the hoods to get the molds right. Just curious, what did you think about the quality of your hood?

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'm not danimal, I am danman but I forgive you.

I never bought a fiberglass hood before. I would say that it was comparable to yours.

I just thought that all fiberglass hoods would come that way.

The hood is holding up great. But, There were a few small barely visible cracks when I got it painted. Nothing that I was going to worry about.
After all was said and painted the little cracks were not enough to repaint or send the hood back.

I think the hood over all was a great buy.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Sorry, LOL.
I read over it so quick. I got cha DANMAN.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts