TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried hooking up my battery isolator ( 140 amp noco) today without any luck. I have everything wired, but here's the problem.

There are 4 post on it (one for the alt., one for battery (A), one for battery (B) and one for electron something (says not to use this one). I then attached the isolator to the side of car (where the battery use to be by drilling holes and using the screws they provided. Then I hooked up a wire coming out of the engine fuse box to the middle post (the one for the alt.). I then hooked up Battery (A) and (B). Nothing happens, it won't complete the circuit. Nothing involving power will work on the car.

Any ideas? I figured i needed the 140 amp instead of the 90 b/c our alts are 130.

BTW, right now i have the 2 batteries and alt wires all together inorder to drive. (How bad is this??? don't want to ruin both new batteries.)

·
Registered
348 Posts
I think you need to cut two of the 3 wires that go into the side of the alt and put them on the appropriate terminal on the isolatar so it 'senses' whether it needs to charge a battery or not...
http://www.noco.biz/installguide.htm

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cut 2 of the 3..?? Theres one wire for power (which goes to the mega fuse on the enging) and then there are 2 wires with connectors on them. Any idea exactly which wire does what? Thanks

·
Registered
348 Posts
Which model is yours? Goto the link I posted above and follow the instructions for the model you have, they talk about the Ford wiring there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.