TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's, has anyone else noticed that it's getting really hot? My question is this: when I have my A/C off I can feel hot air rushing in on my feet. It feels like it's coming in from near the center console area. Is there a vent in that area that can be closed off for the summer months? Thanks!

·
Registered
468 Posts
why would you wanna close of the air passage. that is making air leave the engine bay, try to make it cooler. yeah, close the air passage inthru the firewall and let the hot air stay inside.
________
buy vaporgenie

·
Registered
236 Posts
Actually its the ventelation system that lets fresh air into the car. You would probably die if there was no way for air to come into the car. :eek: It comes in from the vents at the bottom of the windsheild where the wipers are. .

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
silvershot said:
Actually its the ventelation system that lets fresh air into the car. You would probably die if there was no way for air to come into the car. :eek: It comes in from the vents at the bottom of the windsheild where the wipers are. .
So if i put my a/c on max. Recirculating the air already in the car instead of using outside fresh air, I will die? Nope dont think so...these car are not that air tight. but it is good to get fresh air in ... bc you may become somewhat tired from the carbon you expell but definitely not enough to kill you ... if you start to notice alil tiredness, roll down the window briefly to let fresh air in. :leftright

·
Registered
236 Posts
ITT-BIRD said:

So if i put my a/c on max. Recirculating the air already in the car instead of using outside fresh air, I will die? Nope dont think so...these car are not that air tight. but it is good to get fresh air in ... bc you may become somewhat tired from the carbon you expell but definitely not enough to kill you ... if you start to notice alil tiredness, roll down the window briefly to let fresh air in. :leftright
I was joking on the die part.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MRCYCOUG said:
why would you wanna close of the air passage. that is making air leave the engine bay, try to make it cooler. yeah, close the air passage inthru the firewall and let the hot air stay inside.

Because it's really hot freakin air. I like cruisin with my windows down, but when its 95 degrees out and you have hot air blowing on your feet, its not very comfortable. You would think that Ford could find somewhere else to direct the 100 plus degree air. Like I said, the air passage is closed off when the A/C is on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If it is a vaccum leak, mine's done that since brand new. When I lived in Indiana, I used to turn the heat on in the winter, but the too hot air made me tired, so I'd turn it off. Lo and behold, a fresh (still warm) breeze from the driver's foot well. I get it to close by turning the car off with the air on. Stay's shut until you turn the air on/off again.

P.S. few other will realize with the increaing heat like you and
I. Gainesville has been like an oven this week.

gersting

1 - 11 of 11 Posts