TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dis any of you guys get to any of the Power Tours stops, or take part in part of the trip? I went to the Nashville stop early yesterday, and spent the day, WOW! There were some SERIOUS cars there. It was a Hot day, and had me drained by 5 PM, so I headed back home. I had planed to travel with them to Birmingham AL, but with the 90f temp, my 3500+ stall speed, no A/C or firewall insulation, I decided to head back home and get in my recliner and have a few cool ones.

I had planed on taking some pictures in the evening when they were all there, and it cooled down a lttle, but left with out taking any. I did not see another MN12 in the bunch, but did see several older and a few of the 2002+ Birds. There was every thing there from early 20s Ford Hot Rods to a Blown Lamborghini. If you live near one of the cities it will oass through, go see it!

Here is the Hot Rod site:
http://www.hotrod.com/

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I went to the last stop of the 2004 tour at Lambeau Field. Once you see the first 40-50 Camaros, Novas, and Trans Ams, it dawns on you that it's just a bunch of parked cars. I'm guessing the actual touring is the fun part.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Well we actually cruised by them in opposite directions coming home from FFW in Cordova. It was awesome. They were going for like 50 miles. Simply amazing.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Love that Black Corvette! It really threw me. First pic I thought it was just a black 53 vette!

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Its a C5 Corvette Hardtop

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I drove down with a group of buddies that were all driving late model Mustangs. My trans temp was a little high when we got to the parking area, so when we all pulled in, lining up side by side, I let it idle for about 2 minutes to get the temp down before I shut it off. Well, before I could get out, there was this guy standing there with cameras around his neck wanting to talk to me about the car. He was a Free Lance Photographer, and was there doing some stories for some magazine. He did not say which one. He asked me to pull the car out, and get it in the clear to take some pictures, and spent about 45 minutes taking pictures and asking me questions. He said they were doing a story or series of them on non traditional build ups, and when he saw and heard me pull in, that he had found what he was looking for. He even commented that he would not be surprised if it started a new trend in non traditional built cars.

When he finished, I got ready to move the car back in line with the others, but there were so many gathering around looking and asking questions, I just left it there for a couple of hours. I was surprised how much attention it drew. I walked back over to my buddies, and they were trying to give me a rough time about my Old Mans car getting so much attention at a Hot Rod event. :)

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Chizep said:
Jake & Elwood were there? Sweet!
No, but a car like that was. BDR529 :evil3:

Elwood: It's got a cop motor, a four hundred and forty cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks, it was a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. Whaddya say? Is it the new Blues Mobile or what?
Jake: Fix the cigarette lighter.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
392Bird said:
I drove down with a group of buddies that were all driving late model Mustangs. My trans temp was a little high when we got to the parking area, so when we all pulled in, lining up side by side, I let it idle for about 2 minutes to get the temp down before I shut it off. Well, before I could get out, there was this guy standing there with cameras around his neck wanting to talk to me about the car. He was a Free Lance Photographer, and was there doing some stories for some magazine. He did not say which one. He asked me to pull the car out, and get it in the clear to take some pictures, and spent about 45 minutes taking pictures and asking me questions. He said they were doing a story or series of them on non traditional build ups, and when he saw and heard me pull in, that he had found what he was looking for. He even commented that he would not be surprised if it started a new trend in non traditional built cars.

When he finished, I got ready to move the car back in line with the others, but there were so many gathering around looking and asking questions, I just left it there for a couple of hours. I was surprised how much attention it drew. I walked back over to my buddies, and they were trying to give me a rough time about my Old Mans car getting so much attention at a Hot Rod event. :)

Thats cool man, always makes ya feel good.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Dad and I were there in Bham with our 56 ford wagon. We joined the tour there and tagged along all the way to Kissimee, FL. We even got on the hotrod.com website!

http://www.hotrod.com/powertour/113_hrpt05_day5/

Check out the bottom pic, we're just to the left of that red streetrod. BTW< that is us sitting inside trying to get away from the rain. That 59 Biscayne thats on the other side of us belongs to some friends of ours also from Tuscaloosa who drove on the tour with us.

-Jason Parham

1 - 15 of 15 Posts