TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my sunroof! But on a hot sunny Florida day, I can feel the heat radiating from the sunroof sliding door onto my head/eyes and it's driving me crazy!

Has anyone ever put something in between the glass and sliding door to repel the heat back out? I was thinking about aluminum foil but I don't want it to look stupid or blind people that are driving in higher vehicles like SUV's, minivans, etc by the reflection.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Do you have a factory-installed sunroof? Does it have a sliding panel that you can open and close while the glass sunroof is closed? If it does, I'm surprised you're feeling anything at all with the panel closed. I had a 2004 Mercury Sable that had a factory-installed sunroof; with the sliding panel closed, it blocked-out all hot or cold air transfer as well as sound!

Dennis

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's factory.

That's what I am talking about, the sliding door/panel. I'm asking if anyone has ever put something in between to the sunroof glass and sliding panel to reflect those sun rays back out.

That sliding panel has no kind of insulation from what I can tell and right now it's mid 90's ouside!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts