TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys friday nov 18 6am My familys home caught on fire.

Everyone got out alright. Our home has a lot of damage. The fire started in the basement at the water heater. I woke up smelling smoke and heard people yelling by the time i got to where the fire was at the studs and celling were in flames and the smoke was so bad. Couldnt put it out. There were 4-5 fire trucks there. Fire dept was great. They saved the house. They said if they would of been 2 minutes later the house would be gone. So we all got out everyone is ok. The house pretty much will have to be gutted and they will have to start out with a shell, most of upstairs has smoke damage. Basement pretty much everything is gone or has heavy smoke damage. We will be without a house for 4-6 months. Wanted to let you all know we are ok.

Just really sucks.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
not for nothing... but it takes 3 months to build a house... 1 day.. flatten it.. 90days later, new house built..

understand sentiment, yada yada yada.. but damn... 4 - 6 months?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Sucks, but glad to hear everyone is all right.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
jamesD said:
not for nothing... but it takes 3 months to build a house... 1 day.. flatten it.. 90days later, new house built..
+ 1-3 months fighting with Insurance to pay for it.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
and the demolition, building permits and county/town bs you have to go through...

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
You would think living in Florida he would know all of that.. the loser.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
wow great to hear u guys r alright. i have watched a family friends house burn to the ground but in any fire just that feeling of helplessness is incredible. i hope the time till u move back in is quick for u guys.

·
Registered
817 Posts
jamesD said:
lol thats 3 months and 1 day.........

but that sucks dude, i used to fear having our house burn down, cause when i was smaller i was at my grandmas and the house behind her went up in flames, and scared the **** out of me and was forever scorched into my mind. though strangely im a ****ing pyro, prolly cause of that moment where i realized fire can do so much damage in so little time, but its sooooooo beautiful.

·
Registered
890 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
You would think living in Florida he would know all of that.. the loser.

Come on, in Florida all you have to do is smooth out the sand a little and prop up a couple of 2x4's. A little tar paper and your done....... I'm surprised it takes him 3 months!

:D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys we are doing ok. They got most of the water pumped out of the basement and tore the carpet out and threw away the burnt stuff.

Insurance is helping us out

Heres a picture of where it all started.. Note this is after the clean up.
Link is below
http://www.midwestthundercats.com/fo...showtopic=5397

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Your link doesn't work man...sorry bout your house, fires suck, at least you and family are ok

1 - 14 of 14 Posts