TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says, last night at 11pm we heard this massive explosion that rattled the windows in the house. I went out front to see what was going on and saw smoke then flames pouring into the sky just 2 streets over from where I was. They said it was heard and felt up to 2 miles away.

Turns out this house exploded.. literally.. there is nothing left of it and the authorities aren't saying anything yet. The house you see burning in the video is the one next to it that caught on fire from the explosion. They still have the area sealed off and no official statement has been made as to what actually happened.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/1422578607001

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Wow, I used to live in Phoenix and dated a girl from the Air Force base in Chandler for a couple years.

Small World!

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Meth lab in my neighborhood?

Its more likely than you think...

Maybe the owner was trying to throw the bombest party possible and took it too far.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In this neighborhood I figured Meth lab or disgruntled home owner letting the bank take his house back.... in pieces. Last rumor I heard today was it was a hit on the guy who lived there.

Just bizarre that it happened so close and the firefighters they interviewed couldn't say anything about the investigation but they said they've never seen anything like this. A whole house literally vaporized. It's been 22 hours now and the area is still closed off and they are still investigating. They haven't even released the home owners name yet to the media. Things are still hush hush.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Wow thats crazy but interesting at the same time!

·
3,868 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They just released a statement on the news; Only to say that the home owner is not considered to be an investigative lead but they are declaring it to be arson.

A lot of people thought maybe it was a gas leak but there is no gas in this neighborhood. Whatever it was it was enough to blow a 2000sq ft house to little pieces.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
They just released a statement on the news; Only to say that the home owner is not considered to be an investigative lead but they are declaring it to be arson.

A lot of people thought maybe it was a gas leak but there is no gas in this neighborhood. Whatever it was it was enough to blow a 2000sq ft house to little pieces.
Damn seal team 6. They're getting ballsy now.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Meth lab in my neighborhood?

Its more likely than you think...

Maybe the owner was trying to throw the bombest party possible and took it too far.
:uppoint: LMAO!

just for theives sake......take your address off of here.
:zwthstpd: I wouldnt think it is very safe to put your address up here like that lol.
but what do i know lol :zdunno:

GOOGLE MAP HIM! lol jk

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Eh I changed it but not worried about it. There are far easier ways to find peoples addresses online

·
3,868 Posts
Eh I changed it but not worried about it. There are far easier ways to find peoples addresses online
spokeo?

That house looks like someone set up some serious bang bang to go off. I wonder if it was a clever mod hit or really an arson. Or some other deception.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll just say it's not difficult for someone with interweb skills. Not like I have anything worth stealing anyway LOL.

Still no word on the blast, I'm curious to find out what could have made a blast like that.

·
3,868 Posts
I'll just say it's not difficult for someone with interweb skills. Not like I have anything worth stealing anyway LOL.

Still no word on the blast, I'm curious to find out what could have made a blast like that.
I took CSIII and Im behind 7 proxies with Norton I can do anything :tongue:

A military grade explosive would do it no problem depending on the explosive. Also assuming producing a blast is solving some sort of problem.

·
Super Moderator
10,408 Posts
A military grade explosive would do it no problem depending on the explosive. Also assuming producing a blast is solving some sort of problem.
Explosives leave traces that are easily id-able; and traceable, in most cases.

It could be as simple as leaving a gas can inside, I've heard of it happening here when I was a kid; a gallon of gas is 14 sticks of dynamite equivalent, at lambda, supposedly. :)

Gas water heaters are also known for this kind of stuff, but there were no gas lines, FWIR.

A blast like this causes a lot more attention than anyone would want to draw; it would be a stupid way to even a score.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts