TCCoA Forums banner

61 - 80 of 24460 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
I play next Thursday at a place called Buffalo Fred's. It's off of Shepherd near 610. And then we play on Friday at The Oz Bar. That is off of 1960, just east of Jones Rd. And last, next Saturday at a private birthday party. Next weekend is quite busy. Check out our website at www.tjfunk.com All of our listings are there. Thanks for asking.....who is all showing up tonight?

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
Tonight there will be 7 birds. Most of them will be SC's. Oh yea and 1 slow firebird. I see if I can make it one of those nights. Im always up for some music and drinks. Jazzy did you find out anything your cougar?

·
Registered
796 Posts
yeah, they said if I keep it, they would take off $500 dollars for salvage fee....so they are going to cart the whole thing off....don't want to lose the money or spend the time parting it out.

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
I havent had a chance to plan something for this month. So a few of the guys were thinking about taking a cruise out to Galveston and spend the day out there. Lets try to get a good size out there this time.

Anybody up for some racing at the track this weekend?

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
Thanks for coming out the track lastnight guys. It was a blast. Jazzycat I still say you should of ran the explorer. Look foward to seeing everyone again tonight.

Next months meet will be a cruise to galveston for the day. This will be on June 25th. This is the last saturday of the month. I dont know what there is to really do out there except fish so if anybody has any ideas throw them out. This gives us a full month to plan things so lets have a good turnout.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Change in Pasadena Meet

Just got the word from Chris(speed95). Sounds like the car meet at the Target parking area on Fairmont in Pasadena is being shut down and no loitering signs posted. Not sure if permanent, but sounds that way. I'm sure the crowd will migrate elsewhere. Where that is not really known at this time. More to follow on this later...

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
Well eveybody moved across the street to the best buy. Not sure how long it will be held there. I think we need to start moving around town anyways. Anybody know of any places around?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Are you speaking about just us (MN12's) or in general?
Gulf Greyhound Park would be awesome, but I believe you have to pay to park. Not sure if that is always the case. I'll check into it.

Other than that, there is another strip mall type parking lot that is well lit. I can't remember exactly where, but it's on Space Center Blvd. If you're heading south it's located on the right. It's not quite as big as Target, but always seems to have plenty of room everytime I've gone past it. Next time I go that way I'll make note of exact location. I believe it's near Pasadena city limit, maybe even a little further south.

Another suggestion would be a large mall parking lot

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
Im not really worried about a place in Pasadena because I know there will be a new spot soon. I know it is hard for everyone to come out and figured we should start to go to different areas. If you noticed I asked Dave to change the name of this thread to Houston area. We are starting to grow in the area and some guys dont want to make the drive out here. I would be willing to go to different parts of Houston to meet new guys. We can do this on a monthly basis or weekly. Next month the meet will be in Galveston so next month we can have it somewhere on the northside.

·
Registered
453 Posts
jazzycat said:
You talkin about the HEB parking lot? Maybe...but what about the Walmart lot? There should be plenty of room there.

I wasn't talkin' about there. Place I saw was further south on Space Center blvd.
However, either of those places you mentioned would do.

I agree with Chris, I wouldn't mind finding some other places to go or travel closer to someone else's "hood".

·
Big-D
1,275 Posts
Unfortunately that's usually the outcome on large gatherings which more time than not are not cleared with the local businesses or lot owners. After the owners have to clean up the mess the morning after several times, it's usually not long before the No Loitering signage starts to apear... then the local police can remove or ticket trespassers.

Small groups can usually fly under the radar and manage to stay longer without wearing out their welcome. Up here from March through October and sometimes November, there are at least one or two legitimate car shows around town. This provides a spot to meet, opportunity to enter your car in show'n shine competetion, and other vehicles to view. Same show may be held at same location every month, or choose another show in the area.

The roving location thing is good, in that it gives a variety over the same old location time after time. Gives others the opportunity to not always be burdened with extended travel each month. Plus it increases the club's exposure around town.

I'll shutup now, you guys have the right idea...

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
I know that there is a weekly car gathering on 45 and El Dorado. The only way that moving around town would work is if we can get some input from the guys from other parts of Houston. We need to know of the local hang out spots and times. Or we could just have a cruise around Houston one day and find out for ourselves.

·
Registered
453 Posts
In League City there's a car show every Friday evening, usually runs from 7-9.
It's small compared to the Pasadena meet. They have a variety of custom street rods, muscle cars up to newer cars. Located at a park by the railroad tracks in League City near the intersection of Hwy's 518 and 3. This event takes place year round, but summer is when everyone comes out. I believe it is sponsored by Space City Cruisers.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Dont know if anyone is for having another get together, but I will be home this week. drive home on tues. or wed. So let me know there is a get together or something.

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
Not sure what is going on this weekend for sure. I know we are not going to the track till the following weekend. Might get a few guys to meet up in pasadena at the new hang out.

61 - 80 of 24460 Posts