TCCoA Forums banner

Houston Area

3M views 24K replies 106 participants last post by  rbrown 
#1 ·
well yeah but im saying those are passenger tires.. not an XL or LT tires

#42 ·
Ok guys the meet for the 30th will be here at my house. I didnt get a chance to send out emails to everyone in advance but will sometime tomorrow. I know a few need some alot of work done so if you want to come out earlier thats kool with me. I figure we get some beer and work on the cars for awhile then cruise out to the car show. Let me know if your coming out and I will give you directions for whoever doesnt know where I live. If you want to bring some extra clothes to shower b4 the car show thats kool too.

#43 ·
Appreciate the invite and hospitality Chris. Unfortunately I have to work that evening. I might be able to get up there after I get off work around 10pm, but I'll have to fly up there from Galveston. Will have to see if I can get off work a little early.

Might have to block off your whole street in order to make room for all the birds that need work:eek:

#44 ·
I think I should be able to make it....wife will be out of town that weekend, but unfortunately, I will no longer be driving the Cougar. Was in an accident with an 18 wheeler on Monday, and the insurance is totalling out the car. Said there was too much damage to the Cougar's rear axle and rear driver side quarter panel. However, I should make it out in my new 05 Explorer.

#46 ·
jazzycat said:
I think I should be able to make it....wife will be out of town that weekend, but unfortunately, I will no longer be driving the Cougar. Was in an accident with an 18 wheeler on Monday, and the insurance is totalling out the car. Said there was too much damage to the Cougar's rear axle and rear driver side quarter panel. However, I should make it out in my new 05 Explorer.
Sorry to hear about the mishap... Hope noone was hurt...

No more Cougar's in your future?

#47 ·
Hey JazzyCat, glad to know you came out of the accident ok, too bad can't say the same for your car. Thought I would pass this on though, I saw a titanium colored SC for sale near Ellington Field. I believe it's a 92. Sorry, don't know how much seller is asking or if it's an auto or manual. Body looked good in front, driver side and rear, no obvious flaws. Only thing I noticed, looked like T-bird on the hood was missing. I don't know condition of the interior. It was pouring rain. Price wasn't listed on the sign, but it did have a phone nr. If interested, let me know.

#48 ·
Yeah, would love to get another one in the future....needed a bigger vehicle for the kiddos, but I think later on, I would want to venture back into the coupe body. I might, however, go check out the SC near Ellington....if the price is right, I might have to jump on it soon. Who knows, there might still be an MN-12 in the family. :D

#49 ·
Focus said:
Sorry to hear about the mishap... Hope noone was hurt...

No more Cougar's in your future?

I was the only one in the vehicle, which I am thankful for, I was on my way to pick up my daughter from my mother's house....if the wreck had occured on the trip home, there might have been some injury, but most of the damage was at the rear of the Coug.....just sorry to see it go.....on a side note, I might be parting it out, if anyone might be interested....don't know for sure yet. I will keep people posted.....so so you would know, the rear driverside quarter panel will not be sold, the rear bumper, the rear driverside rim and tire, and the rear axle.....might be damage to the transmission and driveshaft also.

#51 ·
95tbirdv8, Thats fine but not sure how many people will be out here during the day. I will PM you the address and my number. Im sure later at the car meet there will be more to have a nice pic.

Everyone is welcome to come over if you want. Just let me know what time you will be out.

#54 ·
I want to thank the guys that have came out the past few months to the meets. Im trying to think of some interesting things for us to do. I would like to hear some input on what everybody would like to do. It doesnt always have to be here in Pasadena we can do it anywhere. I noticed that the north side guys never come out and wondered if it is because of the distance? I would like to try to get a nice size together and I know most of the guys that come out here wouldnt mind driving up there to have a good time. I try to plan everything for Saturdays since most people are off and can enjoy themselves. So come guys give me some input so we can have a nice meet. Rick (STill crusin) and I were talking about maybe we can have a monthly meet on each side of Houston to try to get more people to come out. And if anybody would like to go to the track on a friday let me know im always game to go. Chris

#55 ·
One Lap of Houston?

There's One Lap of America race. We could do somthing on a more local level. Beltway or 610 or some route around the city. Make it like one of those reality shows :rolleyes: We roll up to some unsuspecting SC owners house(video camera in hand), roll 'em out of their house and into their car and cruise on to next destination till we have a good size flock. As we make our way around the city; stop at the local Hooters, strip club, fishing hole, go-kart track, drag strip, race course, gypsy carnival, or whatever entertains us and just make it an all day/evening party-on-wheels. :D

#56 ·
I take that is the Loop around Houston... any idea what the mileage is full circle? Not a bad idea... plus it might draw some attention to some passerby's... like you said you might make a few stops along the way or if it was to become a monthly thing, choose a different spot along the loop to stop each month, maybe lunch/dinner or whatever.

#57 ·
Sounds like a good idea Rick. Does anybody know of any other meets around Houston on a Saturday night? Maybe we can do the lap around Houston and end up at one of these meets and get the word out. Dave You and the wife should come down for the weekend one month and hang out with us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.