TCCoA Forums banner

How about a 2.3 Mod sticky?

17K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  LX-Tasy 
#1 ·
i am a newbie and did some searching and found alot of different mods to do to a turbo 2.3. I am new to the Ford turbo cars. I have built a twin turboed 72 montecarlo blowthru with a carb. So i am not to familiar with the Ford fuel injection and ignition system. Anymore help would be appreciated. By the way i just picked up a 86 turbo automatic xr7 for 600 bucks.

#2 ·
Welcome to the club! If you're really interested in modding the 2.3,check out nato.com.That site is awesome for the turbo coupes and XR7's. They have a section on mods to start you off with.The three mods that give the most for the least money would be a K&N cone filter,a Gillis adjustable boost valve,and a better breathing exhaust.Congrats on your find with the Cougar XR7! I have an 86 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe with the three-speed automatic as well.I like the three-speed better than my 95 T-Birds tranny. But anyway,enough of my rambling,and welcome to the club!:cool:

#4 ·
Whoops!:rolleyes: my bad. He's right about where nato is.Those sites will, like he said, give you a ton of info for the fox body cars.Awesome sites

#7 ·
Hey. Also, check out www.forced4.com if you haven't found it already. .
i got like 600 bucks worth of parts form them, but im to lazy to install....
NATO is greta for specific TC stuff, and soem major modding.
hard core modding try turbo ford.
foxboy bitrds sit is greta form the whole fox body tbird line up

#8 ·
Look at the other sticky I posted awhile back for more good turbo sites also.
Thanks,
Chris

#10 ·
The dash has to be removed..

turbotbird.com has a write-up in the tech articles...

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.