TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was kicking this around and wonder if it would work.Get a tubular k-member from a Mustang and all the Mustang componets,like the coil over struts and so forth?I am going over to the local salvage yard tomorrow and pull some measurements and find out if it can be done.If anyone has already re-searched this PLEASE tell me.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
I can't give you any details per se, but I can let you know that it's in the works. Just sit tight.

BTW, your sig is waaay too long. 10 lines max please.

·
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks SW.......

Sorry but I am not the type to sit tight,lol.I really like doing things like that and figuring out what will work and what wont.I am going on a 30 day vacation in Nov and might just swap out my k-member for a tubular one once I get some research done.That will give me and everyone way more options as far as headers,and suspension.I will let you know what I find out tomorrow.
I shortened my sig.Just got a little carried away with what I want to do.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
117 Posts
so, ..

you want to turn your front end into a crappy mcpherson system, it sounds like.
we have an SLA coil over front end, which is far superior to the mustang setup, not quite sure why you would want to do this,

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Yes, stay away from the MacPherson strut suspension. You will be sorry if you change to that. SLA is the only way!!

John

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
short long arm

generally a suspension with non parallel, unequal length upper and lower control arms. The lower arm must be longer than the upper arm in order to achieve a proper camber curve.

I could go on for days about suspensions, but hey, most people really don't care.

John

·
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doesnt even come close.....

Went over today and they are 2 totally different set-ups.I am sure you could get something out of it but to me its alot of down time which i cant afford.I will just sit back and wait like SW said so.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
SLA is what all of the 89-97 MN12's had. The fox body Tbirds used a MacPherson strut suspension.

John

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Between a fox and an MN12? Ummm....NO, well at least not without a LOT of trouble. Plus, the widths are much different.

John

·
Registered
13 Posts
sla

As soon as I posted that, I realized that the widths were completely different. So is there anything that I can swap my stock K-frame with?

As soon as I get some film developed, I'll have to post a picture of my ride. I did a Bill Elliott retro look right down to the Coors on the sides. Since I have never learned how to use an airbrush, I used spray cans and paint markers. I know that sounds bad, but it really isn't.

·
Registered
437 Posts
MN-12 Tubular K-member

I'm pretty sure one has already been done. Kenne-Bell, or Kenny Brown mabye. The last time I saw a pic of it was about 4 yrs ago!

68COUGAR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts