TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think???

instead of gaining small horsepowergains, by little bolt ons here and there i am thinking about just getting a set of headers and some pnp heads with PI cams

I am not sure how much hp and tq that would do but then i figure when i buy the little less expensive parts, like a throttle botty, ud pulleys, mufflers, maf and such i would actually notice a gain instead of maybe 10 hp .

what do you guys think

and could you turn me in the direction of some good machining places for the heads

tony

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Well if you can find a good deal on a set of heads it might not be too bad. Personally, I'm going to get the PI cams in the heads I have, and do all the mods I can before I have to get a chip with them. (Pulleys, my 95's tranny setup, etc.) It's mostly a money thing. Just make sure if you get the P&P done that it isn't some hack doing the job. Have fun :)

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
do a search for "bang for the buck". A bunch of bolt ons can be just as effective as head work.

PI cams in PnP NPI heads would be around 40rwhp. Check out Renegade Racing.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Last I heard Renegade isn't taking any more jobs for awhile, they are overworked...

Sam

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Fox River performance Is arguably one of the high standards for ford and modular headwork... not cheap, but pretty darned good....Do not sell short the pulleys as they give you the most bang for the buck,n/a ....You almost want to do the chip in conjunction wiTh the heads , and if youre gonna do that , might as well upgrade the maf at the same time, as they all seem to work together (it's a vicious cycle) good luck..............................................................................................................................
'95Lx 5.4 with lotsa goodies, and 4200# with driver:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts