TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any pictures would be greatly appreciated. I bought one that is supposed to be a one piece 93 shaft, but after closer inspection it looks like it might be a 2 piece. i want to make sure before I pay to have anything done or notify the seller.

B

·
Registered
965 Posts
The 2 piece is made of 2 pieces fitted together. The area where the fit together is covered by a black rubber piece.

The 1 piece is just that, a 1 piece shaft.

·
Registered
610 Posts
At the rear yoke you will see a small gap if it is 2 piece. True 93 shafts will be solid from front to rear yokes. If I find my pictures I will post them.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The drive shaft I purchased has a small 1/2" or so gap by the rear yoke. I can't tell if it is welded inside the gap or how it is connected. I took some pictures, but I don't have a website to post them.

B

·
Registered
610 Posts
That's a 94 and later shaft. Been there done that.

ThunderB said:
The drive shaft I purchased has a small 1/2" or so gap by the rear yoke. I can't tell if it is welded inside the gap or how it is connected. I took some pictures, but I don't have a website to post them.

B

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Here's some pictures of a 93 Mk.8 driveshaft, which were originally posted by another TCCOA member

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the pics. It's pretty clear to me I have the two piece shaft. It was sold to me as the one piece 93 shaft so I'll have to get my money back. I'm sure it was an honest mistake by the seller as he probably thought it was a 93 shaft.

RICH95XR7, I'll send you a pic so it can be posted so others know what the 2 piece shaft looks like. Thanks for posting it for me.

B

1 - 9 of 9 Posts