TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there certain signs to look for? The seat bolts are very rusty and the plastics seem to be very brittle in my bird and I was just kind of wondering

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
well all the electronics will never work 100% in them thats the easiest way to find out. you might want to car fax it and see what tid bits pop up.

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
The best way is to pull off the door panels. If it was flooded, they likely didn't remove the door panels to clean behind there, so you should be able to see the water line there. If there is no water line behind the door panels, and all the electronics work, then I would say you are most likely fine.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well one side of the car outputs more speaker volume from the radio, the tachometer is messed up and the odometer/trip meter don't work. I did Carfax it and it was from the original owner with 62k miles but we have had several floods locally recently. There was some standing water in the trunk.

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
Pop the door panel off and see if there's a water line.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
well one side of the car outputs more speaker volume from the radio, the tachometer is messed up and the odometer/trip meter don't work. I did Carfax it and it was from the original owner with 62k miles but we have had several floods locally recently. There was some standing water in the trunk.
yeah its a flood car. was there mold growing in the trunk near the water? if os the 100% is a flood car

·
Registered
623 Posts
I fail to see how the problems indicated definitively point to a car that has been submerged. Bolts rust, especialy near the floor (road salt and winter sludge), trunk seals can leak (old car), electronics can fail (old car), and the sun kills plastic (old car). I'm no expert like some people however. If you're really concerned/worried follow MadMikeys tip.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
I fail to see how the problems indicated definitively point to a car that has been submerged. Bolts rust, especialy near the floor (road salt and winter sludge), trunk seals can leak (old car), electronics can fail (old car), and the sun kills plastic (old car). I'm no expert like some people however. If you're really concerned/worried follow MadMikeys tip.
Im going to have to second this one. The standing water in the trunk could be anything. I mean in my mothers Taurus she had standing water in the spare tire hole but that was because the cooler from the last weekend was leaking. We didnt figure it was there till the next week when we cleaned out he car and noticed a stagnant water smell. The water line is a good way to check also checking the rear speaker holes too.

Zero

·
Super Moderator
10,576 Posts
Silt under the carpets is a pretty good sign, as is finding a waterline in the doors...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts