TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think my rear caliper pistons are siezed and wont move at all. i tried the piston adjuster tool and it wouldnt turn for anything, then i tried some c-clamps and it ended up binding the clamp and lever turner.

the brakes were worn to bare metal on one side but i cant push in either piston. im running out of light and thank god for my other ford i can drive. i cant get the both pads over the new rotor and the parking brake tension has been released on both sides.

any tips to help me out? ive never had this problem and i was taught to use c-clamps to give it hell but that wont work.

-Mike

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
rear pistons need to be turned when compressed...

i saw the title.... and uh... dude, thats wrong..

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Dude , when I did my rear brakes one side gave me problems .
I broke like two c lamps and one long shop clamp .

I just kept at it and I finaly won .

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
I cant till friday night .

·
Registered
431 Posts
Ok, you have to push it into the bore much harder than it is to turn the piston. For my car I would say the force required to push it in was about the same as to loosen the bolts that retain the caliper brackets. And you are on the right path turning and compressing.

I will agree the title carries some other connotations for those that are of foul mindsets.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I think the rear brakes are the same from 89 to 97. But just to be safe I usually try to get parts from 94-97.

And I agree, it sounds like they are messed up and needing to be entirely replaced.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
PORKY , just get remans youll be happier

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.