TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very small supply of money and a small amount of tools to work with. What is my best bet to get that sucker out?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
soak it in PB blaster, then try smacking it a few times with a hammer and a long flat blade screw driver to break the rust on the threads and see if you can get an open ended wrench in there, or borrow an oxygen sensor socket/tool from an autoparts store

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Most of the time if I was replacing the O2 I would just break off the top and use a 6 point socket to remove it and a box wrench to instal the new one.

only if it was realy stuck in there.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
You cant get it off or cant get anything on it because its in an awkward position?

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Combo wrench worked for me the first time, the offset angle of the boxed end made it work fine. Also, I was able to double up the wrenches to get more leverage and it came right out.

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
What I did was take the wrench (the square end) and grinded a notch out of it, so that it would slide over the wires, almost same effect as my o2 socket. Worked like a charm and had it all out in minutes. No PB blaster or anything. This worked great for me as it is a tight fit in that pass side.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It isnt stuck in there or rusted at all. The driver side one i bearly broke a sweat to get it out. Im just having a real problem getting a tool in there.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I don't remember having a problem with mine. I used the O2 sensor tool and if I remember right an extension to get the ratchet free from obstructions..

Joe

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
I think it was a 22mm box end wrench ? Helps to put Anti-seize on the threads when it is installed.

- Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts