TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the 90mm LMAF from Dan Newman. While looking for all the parts I would need to make this mod work on the bird. I overlooked the most important thing! How to make this huge LMAF fit on my current set up. I have a chip coming in the mail, so the tunning part is covered. But as far as the hard ware hook up...I b stumped. I guess I didn't think this thing through. Compared to my stock unit, this new one is huge. Any one have any suggestions? Perferably something inexpensive, for i have blown this quarters upgrade fund. Its funny how I tend to over look the finer points of thing. Expecially when it comes to my car.

Thanks All

Eric

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
what exactly are you hooking up the electronics or the maf to the intake tube or filter to the maf

"what u b tryin to do"

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry! I got the pigtail for the meter. So the electronics is all ready taken care of. I am trying to hook it up to my stock setup right now. I will look in to expanding the intake to 90mm all the way to the Throttle body in a few months. Eric

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
Hey man,

I'm not sure who makes it, but there is an adapter plate to mate the 90mm LMAF up to your stock airbox. I /think/ it's on the front page. As far as the airtube, you're going to need the 02 GT Airtube to fit around the MAF housing. The 99 GT tube has provisions for the IAT or you can just leave it in your airbox. I'd just leave it where it is so there's less to screw with. But other than that, if you've got the chip, you should be okay.

Here's the link for the adapter: http://www.need-4-speed.com/accufab.htm

Call Dan for the tube. As far as the wiring goes, I know not.

BTW, if you want any help with it, just hit me up in PMs.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The GT inlet tube won't work on the 94/95s, TB is in the back center facing forward. The 80mm MAFs are hard enough to get to work on those. He's going to have to fab up something on his own or go with the Honda Civic tube and adapt it. The 90mm are actually a little too big for stock SOHC. You're going to end up going from the 90mm 4" down to a 3" inlet to an even smaller TB.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn, I thought it sounded I bit on the big side. But I figured what the hell! Might as well try it, it couldn't hurt! Well, what to do? I guess I could try to work something out. I am going to try to get one of those custom tubes. I know a shop that said they would "look in to making one". I just want a bit more umph out of my bird.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Lonnie said:
Hey I heard that Joe.....:D

I guess that's one way to do it.
Lonnie,

off topic, but will you be able to make it down to Moroso in october to attend the meet?

hahahaha...crackerville, ive been through middleburg, i concur.

joseph

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I don't know if I'll make it down there. I've got a very good friend of mine out in CA that wants me to come out for his Commissioning about the same time frame.

Well if you've been through Orange Park, Middleburg than you know that I'm being nice calling it Crackerville......:eek:

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Lonnie said:
I don't know if I'll make it down there. I've got a very good friend of mine out in CA that wants me to come out for his Commissioning about the same time frame.

meets happen often, commissioning ceremonies dont. My best friend just got his USN officer commissioning from the Merchant Marine Academy and reports to Pensacola in October.

joseph

·
Registered
871 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey I was just looking at that same idea. I really want that set up in my ride. Last night I saw a camero with home depot black plastic PVC for an intake. I guess if worst comes to worst I will do the same set up. Eventually find a way to do it right.

Now as far as that thing fitting, Call or email the guy to see how large the MAF side is on the thing. If it is anything close to 3.5 inches, you could make it work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not sure what year you have.... here's how I set up the 95 w/ the Richard M tube and 90 LMAF. Basically, I went with turbo hose connectors... expensive, but looks better then anything else I found to adapt the sizes. Took two different adaptors and used a small metal tube in between for the to be clamped around.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey in that pic, I noticed you have a red top optima battery. I have the blue toped optima. What is the differance? The proplr I bought it from said that the red toped battery wouldn't be good for my application. Me thinks I got bum info.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yea, bum info. If memory serves me correct, the blue top is a Marine application. Red is best for automotive, and yellow is for RV's and the like (it needs a generator to properly charge... found that out the hard way).

·
Registered
871 Posts
Aren't marine batteries better because they have a deeper cycle?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts