TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like it says. I locked my keys in my car and need to get them out. I really don't want to break any glass or anything like that. I don't want to hear what I need or should or could do to keep this from happening. I'm very tired I just got home from work last night and need my keys out. Do yall have some tricks or something. Please help.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Are they power locks?? knob buttons? Flat rounded? If it has any kind of top to the knob to pull up, we used a coat hanger and hooked it tight and pulled it up, because if it is power locks, you can't get the hanger in through the side.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
just call up a locksmith or maybe the local pd? around here you can call up a place called pop a lock, thats all they do is open locked cars for people.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well if you don't know me I've always said their isn't a car or house I can't get into. I got into my car. It was easy. Just need a screw driver and a long metal dowl rod. I'm done. Just stupid and very tired. Going to bed now. See yall later!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
FordFanatic said:
just call up a locksmith or maybe the local pd? around here you can call up a place called pop a lock, thats all they do is open locked cars for people.
:zwthstpd:

Definitely the "best way", but not the cheapest. Although probably cheaper than breaking out a window!! :thumbsup:

Does anyone know if a slim jim will work on an MN12?

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried it and it wouldn't. I used to repo. cars and if I remember it takes some other tool. I got them out though. I'm very good about things like that. I don't use it to steal or break and enter. So yall can sleep soundly tonight. That's what I'm going to go do now. Later!

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
coat hanger and a wooden wedge. I can do it in about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
Nope we tried that first that is why I said power locks ya can't go in from the side of the window. There is a box that is in front of the switch. We used a coat hanger through the top of the window.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
:zwthstpd:

Definitely the "best way", but not the cheapest. Although probably cheaper than breaking out a window!! :thumbsup:

I will try later...

·
8,978 Posts
if you bend the slim jim in an S shape it will work fine. You just have to bend it so it curves underneath the window and pull the interior door handle rod.

·
8,978 Posts
T_Bird_Babe said:
Nope we tried that first that is why I said power locks ya can't go in from the side of the window. There is a box that is in front of the switch. We used a coat hanger through the top of the window.

You must have done it wrong. ALL tbirds had power locks.

·
5,650 Posts
You know I locked my keys in my trunk the other day. Of course the windows were all the way up and the doors locked. I ended up having to call a tow service to open it up. The had the wedge and a long enough rod to hit the unlock switch for the locks. Man I wish I had keyless entry...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
keys

Always carry a spare key. My Super Coupe has the keyless entry, and still carry a spare to be safe.

·
Registered
254 Posts
when my car had the keys locked in it we called a towtruck and he hat a steel wire that looked like

|
|___________________________

and 2 prastic shims and a flashlight and it was done in 45 seconds.

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
I locked the keys in my work truck before. I called the roadside assistance I bought with my cell phone. They came out and unlocked it. Thats the best $3 a month I have ever paid for. Ive had my car towed several times and dont pay a thing. Thats the only good thing I can say about Sprint.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts