TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the procedure is to refit the door lock (the part that the key goes into) into the door panel?

I've been told you wiggle it through the hole rotated 90 degrees, and then turn it 90 degrees back to the correct orientation, but I cannot figure out how to do it.

·
Super Moderator
7,662 Posts
You need the correct sequence of profanity to get it to go back in, and that may be different in british english than in american english.

Seriously though, what you described is exactly it, you just have to play with and fight with it, then right when you are about to give up, it will fall right into place.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure the profanities would translate fine. I just couldn't see how it as ever going to be able to rotate though. My door handle is slotted in position but not riveted. If I rivet it in position will that make it easier or more difficult to fit the lock? Is there a correct order?

·
Super Moderator
7,662 Posts
It can be done either way, but I would do it with the door handle loose to give you a little more wiggle room. Basically you have to install it with the white plastic clp facing down, then as it slides in you rotate it clockwise while sliding it in and out, and eventually it will fall into place to where it will sit flush, then you install the retaining clip from the side. You also need to have the actuating rod disconnected while doing this, and clip it in from inside the door afterwards.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so I was kinda doing it right. My lock still has the wire for the light attached. I don't think that comes off though right? Also I haven't found the retaining clip yet (my bodyshop guy took it apart).

·
Super Moderator
7,662 Posts
Correct, the wire for the light does not come off, and shouldn't be in the way for installing it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You need the correct sequence of profanity to get it to go back in, and that may be different in british english than in american english.

Seriously though, what you described is exactly it, you just have to play with and fight with it, then right when you are about to give up, it will fall right into place.
lol - that's about right.

Make sure the little white clip still has both fingers before you finally get it in place...oftentimes one of them will break off. :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts