TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my cars been showing symptoms which seem to be a clogged/dirty iac, i want to remove it and clean it. i did some searches which lead to some tutorials on mustangs and they look way easier to get off than mine does.

i can barely see it much less get to it with tools any advice is welcome.

oh yeah, my car idles low but doesnt stall. if this part was not working would my car still run or stall regularly?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Don't you just love the way Ford stuffed everything down at the back of the motor on the 94/95's? If you remove the cowl covers and wiper assembly you will find that you have all kinds of room to get whatever tools you need in there. It is a bit extra disassembly but it makes it so much easier to get to the back of the engine that I find it is well worth it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got it off, cleaned it. beat it. ive concluded its not working. so i guess it cant get any worse. unless dirty maf or some other fuel/air controller goes out.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I had the same problem and after some advice from the guys on the forums I installed a new IAC. (I found several on Ebay they are cheap in my opinion) Problem solved!
Maybe you could clean the MAF as well... Good luck.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
remove the intake plumbing, TB elbow theres 4 bolts mating the elbow to the intake. then you will have plenty of room to access the IAC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts