TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a pair of projector fog lights. I want to mount them where the factory ones would have gone. I plan on screwing them to the metal right behind the hole, but i can't get a drill in there without removing that big peice of black plastic on the bottom of the bumper. i can't figure out how to get the clips un-done. does any oneknow how? or is there an easier way to mount them?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do i get the rivets out? and do i really need that black thing on?

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
you can drill them out but it would be easier and less destructive if you remove the bumper cover, that's how i did mine.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
:zwthstpd: it's easier to just pull the whole bumper cover off. 3 push pins in the top center of the bumper under the hood, one small one behind the corner lights on each side, 2 (or 3) screws in each fender, and four push pins on the bottom of the bumper in the middle to the radiator support... at least I think that's all of them

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
plus the two 10mm nuts on the inside of the fender on each side.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Ah yes, looking up from under the bumper on each side, looking through holes on the outside of the riveted piece you initially wanted to remove, there's two 10mm nuts on each side up inside the bumper/fender

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I mounted them right to the bumper, below the headlights for the Cougar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts