TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
any car wax will be alright. and yes keep a nice coat of wax on the headlights or they WILL turn yellow again. i cleaned my headlights and 2 months later they looked worse than the day i got them. so i had to restore them and that time i put wax on them and of course they looked great

-Mike

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
i have read from this site actually on directions on how to clean them...wet sanding apparently works... i haven;t done it tho, it will be my one of my summer projects

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
After replacing the headlamp assemblies in 8/03, I began using a product called Plastic Polish, by Mothers. You can read more about it here. It's the first item listed under the Classic Line heading, Special Care products.

I think it works quite well.

·
8,239 Posts
I just keep a thick coat of good carnaruba wax on there, works fine. I use the mothers stuff for the heads and tails.

Also I think mine are going to stay nice because the car gets driven less than 5k miles a year, and it sits under a car cover most of the time..

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
A good cleaner 2 times a year, and a coat of wax every 2 months. This is my Bird that I bought new in the Fall of 92, and still has the original head lights. It has 200,000 miles on it.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
geezz she a garage queen? reason why it looks so dull on some models is becuase of the crap factory glue holding the lens onto the housing. after years and years it turns yellow and add to the dull look of dirty headlights. after i cleaned my old 95 ones it looked better but had a yellow tint inside cuz of the glue. pm bigmike, he'll take care of that for you. or if you have a 94-95 and hate your headlights just swap them to a 96 conversion style :D

-Mike

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
392Bird said:
A good cleaner 2 times a year, and a coat of wax every 2 months. This is my Bird that I bought new in the Fall of 92, and still has the original head lights. It has 200,000 miles on it.

my goodness thats a hell of a sweet car! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Thanks. It was my daily driver till 3 years ago when this project started. It still has the original factory paint, and with 200,000 miles on it, no complaints.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts