TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm storing my Lincoln outside on my driveway, albeit covered (Sorry everyone but the Mustang reigns supreme in the summer months).

I've tried various tricks to keep mice away with varying success, including mousetraps in the car (kind of reactive, not proactive), mothballs under the hood, around the car and a few in the car, and I usually get my cars Krowned (a Canadian oil-based rustproofer that's sprayed all over the underside of the car and sticks to it), which seems to deter them a bit.

Last year, the mice literally ate all my paperwork in the now deceased T-Bird and left some nice presents all over the interior. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I'd like to hear what everyone does to keep the rodents away.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Believe it or not ... dryer sheets in the boot and interior has worked for me thru the years . Something about the smell they do not like :zdunno:

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Last year, the mice literally ate all my paperwork in the now deceased T-Bird and left some nice presents all over the interior. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I'd like to hear what everyone does to keep the rodents away.

How did they get inside the car ?? Plug up that hole.

I get rats on occasion - cant help it living at the intersection of two creeks. But the last few years there have been a lot of stray cats around the neighborhood, havent seen a rat since they showed up.

·
Super Moderator
10,298 Posts
Feed an outdoor kitty; you'll never have mice. :)

You may find 'offerings', just toss them. :)

I'm happy to pay $0.50 a day for rodent and cave cricket freedom. :D

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
<---Moved to a subdivision six years ago. The one and only mouse I've seen since jumped out of Tony Serno's SC in my driveway and was promptly smushed by Micah's enormous sandal.

Back at the farm, we had/have some outdoor cats that do a decent job of keeping the area around the buildings rodent free.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did they get inside the car ?? Plug up that hole.

I get rats on occasion - cant help it living at the intersection of two creeks. But the last few years there have been a lot of stray cats around the neighborhood, havent seen a rat since they showed up.
No holes to plug, they push right through the grommets for wiring harnesses, throttle cables, steering shaft, etc. etc.

Field mice only need a 1/4" diameter hole to get through and there's about a million in every car unfortunately.

Grog - good point about the outdoor cats, unfortunately most of the stray cats around here get eaten by coyotes. With our two cats we have two choices - an indoor cat or a dead cat.

Apparently there have been some cougars sighted in our area, maybe they'll help lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts