TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently trying to install Exhaust cutouts on my 97 MARK VIII LSC, and i put the car on ramps to get under it. The problem is that my Reciprocating saw is too big, and i can't get an angle to cut all the way through the pipe, i need to have the saw straight up and down... so how do you guys jack your cars up high enough to do this kind of stuff? If i had a lift i could have done this job in like 10 minutes...

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
how tall does your jack go?

and with my car on ramps it seems like there would be enough room....

how tall are your ramps?

mine for example:

with ramps underneath...

on stands:

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
I use ramps for some jobs and a Jack and stands for others

·
Registered
290 Posts
WOW!When I read the title I thought you were asking how to lift the suspension for something crazy like twenty foos(24" wheels). :rofl:

I use a 2.5 ton floor jack and a 4x4 block of wood to lift with and I use jack stands or cement blocks for support.Depends how redneck I wanna get with things.Never work under an unsupported vehicle.It doesn't take much to knock one off a jack or flip a jack.My neighbor recently lost his legs from mid thigh down.He was doing a rear axle swap on a Chevy Astro Van.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Here is how I do mine. 2 sets of ramps and jack stands. The front has both.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Ethan. If you are hafving a problem I will be more then happy to truck on out there to help ya. Call me up and let me know.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think it should be ok once i get it up a little higher, but thanks i'll definately give you a call if i need help.

right now i kinda have a hole in my exhaust, but it sounds pretty cool lol.

i got a tune, but for it to really help i'm going to have to fix my imrc's lol i have a buddy who is a manager at a kost tire, and he said he would do it, but when he looked at all that was involved he backed out. Until then i love how my car shifts now with this tune, it kicks like it does off the line every time it shifts now. I'm going on a road trip to columbus on friday, and i'll finish up the cutouts when i get back.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Ok well give me notice and Ill do the IMRC's with you.

·
Registered
793 Posts
WOW!When I read the title I thought you were asking how to lift the suspension for something crazy like twenty foos(24" wheels). :rofl:

Ya, when I first saw the title of the thread 'How Do You Lift Your Car' I almost replied, I have to use two hands now that I'm old. When younger, I could use just one hand."
:D:D:D

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Bend at the knees.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts