TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I painted the car back in August. Still needs some wetsanding/polishing and its dirty as hell...but what do you think?

Had to show a pic of that mid-body magnaflow hanging!!

-Rob

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
*grabs his pocket knife* fresh squeezed OJ here I come :D

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont you mean TJ? Thunderbird Juice? ;)
-Rob

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
haha, s'pose so, thunderbird juice just sounds, so... wrong tho :D

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
I want a orange or yellow bird :(

·
Registered
513 Posts
Well, I can safely say that i have never seen one that color before.

Not my style but it looks nice.

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
What is that, copper?
It's definately different.
What kind of paint is it? If it's laquer, it will look great if you carefully wetsand it and polish it out.
I'm not sure if you can sand and polish an enamel or urethane finish.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its basecoat/clearcoat urethane. You can polish and wetsand urethane clearcoat. I made sure with the paint shop before I chose what type of paint. The color is Amber Fire Pearl Metallic...a dodge color from like 2000. I got the idea when I saw some of the newer explorers and loved them...went and priced a gallon of just the basecoat. It was like $666 a gallon at Carquest. They said it had some kinda expensive pearl in it because it's really hard to make pearl show up in orange paint blah blah. So I dug around till I found a close color that was ~$100 for a gallon of the basecoat. I'll agree it is kinda wierd, but I like it :) Maybe I'm just sick bastard.
-Rob

BTW: I'm surprised no one has made fun of my LF tire sitting so close to the rear of the fender....see what not having a front strut rod bushing does to you!?!

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
I've heard that about the paints. My dad works for carquest and mixes paint (So I've already got a line when I get mine repainted). Some of those factory colors get VERY expensive. He told me that he found a black w/ pearl coat paint from a lexus that would look good on my car, over $300 a gallon, at cost.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah...damn pearl colors :) Another one of my initial ideas was to paint the car silver and put House Of Kolors candy green over it so it would look like antifreeze... yeah scratch that!! It's amazing how expensive paint can get.
-Rob

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yeah...damn pearl colors Another one of my initial ideas was to paint the car silver and put House Of Kolors candy green over it so it would look like antifreeze... yeah scratch that!! It's amazing how expensive paint can get.
sounds like a nice color. thing of it is, is that silver is the cheapest color to buy, and the candy is only 40bux/qt, right. sounds like a cheap color to me. solid red would be 3x more easily.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
I am painting mine 03 cobra yellow it's called zinc yellow. It's costing me about 400 bucks to paint my whole car. I love autobody school . It should only take about 1 gallon to paint a car depending on color with hvlp spray guns.I have pics of my interior already painted.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
looks like a taxi with out the lights !

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
turtlem227 said:
Well, I can safely say that i have never seen one that color before.

Not my style but it looks nice.

I have seen a 96/97 in that color before up here at school but don't think that person posts here even though the car looked to have some work done (paint, rims, suspension, interior). I like it, it's different. Lower it and add some 18" rims that are gunmetal or black with a polished lip and it will look hot.

-Miller

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
are you gonna order some stickers to go with that color?

i recomend type-r and vvt-i stickers...heheh..

j/k..nice lights;)

-mike

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
There is a t-bird floatin around car domain with almost the exact some color paintjob and it looks really good.

·
Big-D
1,275 Posts
Have you been up in the DFW area in that car... if so I think I've seen it once not too long ago....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts