• "go and show"

Votes: 43 54.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally Preffer to do "all show some go" I would rather have the car look really good and have a little more than factory "go" because you can use your cars looks everywhere and everyone can appreciate it, and it cant get you into trouble. But with a lot of power you can only use it all in someplaces and it can get you into a lot of trouble.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
That's only cause you have a 3.8 :tongue: You can have a lot of power (supercharged/turbo'd street cars) and still drive responsibly. It's all up to you. For me, it's "go, then show". I'll focus more on playing around and tinkering for a bit more power, but after that, then it's time for looks.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Ever since I had my modified, show quality 65 Mustang Fastback's doors blown off by a primer black, dented Galaxy 500 4 door, I've been a FIRM believer in the “sleeper” concept!! (I should have figured something was up when the FIVE people in the Galaxy started laughing at me when I “scoffed” at their offer to race) Did I mention they had a B&M Supercharger on top of a 460 with SCJ heads…. All hidden under the hood!

And I don't have enough money for go AND show.... lol :D

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
If you do the go right, the show comes with it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
4 Cam Bird said:
If you do the go right, the show comes with it.
Yup I am with that statement.

I am doing mostly under the hood work.
But me being me I am also goin for some looks. I like turning heads.

GT

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I say all go with some show.

I think you should just make the outside of the car nice. Not go crazy with 20" rims and ground effects. My car looks stock on the outside and its a black car so I clean it like every other day. I get a lot of people stopping to say that my car looks nice.

So its not all about putting aftermarket stuff on your car to make it a head turner. (Isn't that what people with hondas do?) :confused:

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
All go and no show :)

I had to put that cowl hood on though to clear one of the 'go' makers. Now people check out my car when im driving.. and I don't like that.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I'll have to put down "all go" because I love the sleeper look, but so far my mods would best be summed up by "all comfort, more reliable"

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
i guess i would go with "go and show". but i am more concerned with go now. i also prefer the sleeper look. i may get a cervinis hood and cobra r replicas in the future, maybe a different paint job. but whatever money i make goes towards the huge chunk of metal under my hood :D

·
Registered
371 Posts
im all show and little go....i would rather look good moving slow then have a fast car....besides....we do have speed limits and its only "legal to race" on tracks....but to each his own....just do what you wanna do and do it good....

just my $.02

so far i have everything custom on outside and inside....(bout to get painted) had a minor set back.....

performance mods....flowmaster mufflers....removed air silencer...and intake...all the "GO" i need....

·
Registered
709 Posts
this is how I think!

3.8 NA - Do looks cause it aint got much else going for it (I say it cause I love it)

4.6/5.0 - Little bit of both, V8 is reliable... just needs some "tweekin"

SC - leave it alone cause its perfect from the factory! I hauls and looks great!

Jake

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
with the 4.6 bird I had, it was a lil bit of both (really liked the exhaust) and I put stickers on the 1/4 window showing that I had whatever parts installed, but never big stickers, can't stand those.

With the Mark VIII, I'm keepin it 100% hidden. The gauge pod might give it away and I'm debating about putting an exhaust on it actually....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Some go, some sound. I'm in the black car boat so I wash constantly. The only exterior "mod" are the headlight blackouts and thats about it. I try to split even between the two, since the 3.8 itself doesnt sound good, something should :)

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
well does this answer yer question, had a bend up hood for over 3 years, currently i have a bend up fender thats going on just over a year. paint job looks like crap, many little scratches hood is all rock chiped. but what have i done with it, lets see PI motor swap, misc trans mods, some nitrous. body work?? shieet it will get fixed eventually. ive got the fender, ive had it for about 8 months, its in the garage. i finally fixed the hood last year. if it cost more than 20 bucks to make it look good, thats to expensive for me. if i wanna look good cruisin ill grab the 66 put the top down and be done.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Lets face it, almost every T-Bird is a "sleeper". People just don't expect them to be fast, and if we wanted a car that looked fast we'd be driving Mustangs or Camaros or etc.... I'll go along with the sleeper Look. I've loved sleepers ever since dad blew away Some kid who was trying to push him off the road in a new '81 Camaro Z28. Dad was in an old beat up Police Cruiser Galaxie 500 (read "428"). Embarrased the Kid terribly! Dad didn't even want to race, just get away from the Stupid Kid!

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
i agree with the sleeper look. other than my 18" wheels you will only see minor exterior mods like clear corners and tinted windows (eventually), and spoiler on my car. Also lowering springs (eventually) and maybe a cobra hood if my engine ever gets that big.

Frank

1 - 20 of 26 Posts