TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://misc.ug-pro.com/Pictures/Car/TempSensorGap.jpg

Look at that picture. Thats how far I got it right now. Im having problems getting it down farther because the edge of it are hitting the intake. I've been using vice grips and putting as much force as possible till a corner of it gets passed the intake, then I can finger tighten it until it gets to the next corner. I don't want to get to the point where im putting alot of force on it thinking the corner is catching the intake again, when its actually in all the way. So how far is far enough?

·
Registered
285 Posts
:zbash: First of all; You should have ground some clearance for the sender, it would have made a cleaner install. Second; It doesn't look like there is any sealer on the threads. You need sealer to well,seal from leaks.And third; with all these things corrected tighten the sender with a socket if possable till it is just snug.
Those brass fittings are easy to brake off.

Just use your head and try again:thumbsup:

Fuel man~~~

·
Registered
86 Posts
Not sure how far is far enough but I'll tell you what I would do. Use a good amount of thread sealer ( if you have'nt already) just in case it's not far enough. Another idea is to grind some material off the intake. It does'nt seem like you would need to grind off much because you are able to turn the sensor with out gouging a hole through the manifold. I know these are not the answere you were looking for but I think they will work.

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fuel man said:
:zbash: First of all; You should have ground some clearance for the sender, it would have made a cleaner install. Second; It doesn't look like there is any sealer on the threads. You need sealer to well,seal from leaks.And third; with all these things corrected tighten the sender with a socket if possable till it is just snug.
Those brass fittings are easy to brake off.

Just use your head and try again:thumbsup:

Fuel man~~~
1. Its not leaking, so i'm not worried about thread sealant
2. You would think you could get a socket on it, but the edge of it hits the intake, so there is definatly no room for the socket wall.

You would think the intake would be made to accept the temperature sensor without any grinding.. that is unless the 96+ cars use a different sender then the 94-95 cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts