TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I drove this one at a track time Driving School, Real Fast 145-160. No Speedometer, only a Tach.

Yeah that is MIS and that is me. It is a retired Jeff Burton Car I think; Busch Series.

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
I hit 157 in my 89 XR7. I didn't stay there very long though, cause at those speeds with only H-rated tires, it gets pretty scary.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I conservatively calculated 140 in my old Bird based on tach readings at a MPH below 120 and tach reading when I quit going.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
130 in the LE. ONCE!! The speed didn't really scare me but the thought of something being over that next rise sure did. Not real big on what the sentence would be if I got caught either.

Edit: the car had a 150 mph SHO speedo installed

·
Registered
514 Posts
i dunno either in my 90 cougar the speedo stopped at 199kpm but it went for a while when it was buried. the governor didnt kick on ever in that car....

·
Registered
680 Posts
We'll that is not exactly a Tbird, more like a custom-built race car :D

I've been to 152 in a Cobra, (nuts) and 165 in a 911 (pretty tight car).

Of course I won't admit to driving in either case!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We'll that is not exactly a Tbird, more like a custom-built race car :D

I've been to 152 in a Cobra, (nuts) and 165 in a 911 (pretty tight car).

Of course I won't admit to driving in either case!
I would call it a purpose built race car, it's purpose is to go faster than everyone else.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I've got up to 115 mph in my 3.8 n/a when I had it.Only been to about 105 mph in my 4.6L.Haven't tried topping out with the tune yet and probley never will.I know the driveshaft won't hold up.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts