TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here is the deal. I've had a tlock in my garage for a long time now along with some 3.55 and the ford master rebuild kit. Now, all of the places that I have called, 75% wont do the job and the remaining 25% will over price me. The cheapest I encountered is $450 for the "rebuild" and installed in my car. All I want is to change the damn gears and buy the "rebuild" kit that I bought. So my question is this: How hard is it to change the gears and so forth? Do you need any special tools, or any super advance knowledge to do it or what? All of the mechanics that are located here in El Paso are a bunch of douche bags, they can't even do a friggin brake job. So, how can ya'll help me?

Israel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
Go to someone you trust. By-pass the price. $450 is not that far out into space for things you are going to do one time, The price you would pay just for the tools to do it right always cost more than to have someone with the Knowlege and the tools to do it right. After all, he's the one with the lift and the air tools.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See thing is that I do not trust no one over here. They all sucks. 3 mechanics told me that it was impossible to swap an explorer engine into my car. I had problems with brakes 4 times. Like I said, no trust. I really do not know what to know. Plus, I am not that rich to just give away $450. I just think that it does not that much time to do, but then again what do I know eh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Carrier is out man. It's a tlock, I do not have a tlock installed in my car.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top