TCCoA Forums banner

How long did your OEM (Motorcraft) plug wires last?

945 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  ptschett 
#1 ·
Mine are still the original wires that the T-Bird rolled out of the factory with.

So far 107K!

I am beginning to think they are taking a crap soon, because the car is starting to run a little rough and has a miss every now and then. Not for sure if it is the wires, but more than likely.

Just wondering how long did some of yours last. This also proves how great these wires are and why they are so highly recommended by everyone.

;)

#3 ·
I got 130k off mine before replacing

#8 ·
About 76k one of my 2nd set of plugs (coppers at 50k) cracked its porcelain and carbon-tracked the wire. I went 25k on another set of copper plugs, and CarQuest wires which SUCKED, and went back to Motorcraft platinum plugs and wires at 100k. I'm now at almost 137k with no further ignition problems. The Motorcraft wires are definitely worth it -- I think the parts house sets (at least CarQuest's) are generic, with a few extra unnecessary inches for the 5.4 applications.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.