Votes: 4 15.4%
  • 60K and still going

Votes: 20 76.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
155k miles on the 89 and only thing that is complaining is the front shocks. I replaced the rear, and if I decide to keep the car, I will do the fronts.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Kentwood said:
My set from carquest (moog) just died @ 40K - both sides within a week of each other.

How about the rest of you?
Well with all that practice your getting, it should be just about time to drive down here and throw my new ones on! :D

·
Registered
598 Posts
Oh yeah, and for the question itself. Mine look to be the factory pieces, so about 135,000 so far, but I would bet money they wont make it to 140,000!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I went a 150k before I replaced mine and they seemed to be in good shape, while the lower control arms were shot.

Russ

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Mine appear fine at 122k... heaven help me the day i have to replace the LCAs on the front, they're so rusted in place I just may have a shop do it. it took 3 people to get my lower shock bolts out this winter, im sure that wont be any easier.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Kentwood said:
guess it's the lovely louisiana roads

and 504, yeah man I can do them in 20 minutes in my apt parking lot now lol
Tell me about these roads. I can understand that the ground is sinking and we get bumps and dips and water holes, but what I can't get is when I am driving and there is just a big piece of asphalt missing! Where did it go?! :mad: I wonder is someone is building a house out of aspahlt or something?

So...20 minutes in your apt. parking lot huh? Im thinking of two words...ROAD TRIP! Of course if I don't make it to you, I may need them to be replaced somewhere on I-10, say around LaPlace!

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Mine were about shot at 88,000. You could manipulate the ball joints with your fingers, but they hadn't failed. I replaced them with TRW units that I put urethane bushings from MN12performance in. No more front end noises and the car steers more precisely. The V8 springs I put in haven't hurt either.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
Good question. I chose the last selection:

I replaced the original uppers at 271,000 miles.......last October.

·
8,239 Posts
I wonder if lowering the car, or putting stiffer shocks on it makes the control arms wear out faster?

At around 70k miles my 96 needed everything in the front end.

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
^ along with that, probably different wheels and tires make sus. parts wear out faster, going to a smaller sidewall tire, doesnt flex as much and just beats up on the suspension components.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Left upper went at around 210,000 miles, and the right upper at 236,000 miles.

Lower ones still nice and tight !

·
8,239 Posts
steve, whats the mileage on your 95 now?

Do you think it will hit the 300k barrier on the original motor?

Amazing..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts