TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long have u own ur MN12???

well as usualy right about this time i am goin through this stage of thinking about selling my car:(
please spare me coments about how i did this last year :eek:
As most of u all know im all show and some go but prob. not as much as u all are
i was thinking of puttin my car on ebay and see what i get for it i was hoping like
7-8 grand range at least and since the car is payed off i would have that much money to play with ....so any car that i like up to 18-20 grand
i was lookin at couple Lincoln Ls v8's sports and i really like em
i would prob put 4 g's down and have 4 g's or whatever i got to play with :cool: (20's, tv's, system,and some perf.)

on to my question ...how long is long enough for u to wait and sell your car or am i the only one attached to his car and i just can't let it go as easy???

i know that if my car was stock i would sell it easily and wouldn't be worried about but i have been modding my car to my likings for 4 yrs now and im at the point that if i keep it im going to put on 20's and airbagg it and finish my trunk and engine for shows or i am just gonna sell it and start all over again
:confused:
my parents and my friends were the one encouraging me to sell it while i can and buy LS but the more i took to respond the more my parents tell me to keep it and continue doing stuff to it 'till i just wont care anymore and i'll sell it easily without regretting it
to make sure u guys understand car is payed off begining of the year and no payemtns make it easier but that also means that im going to get new car towards end of year or begining of next year but lease if i keep my PHATBRD

tell me am i the only one thinking this way???

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
is this really wroth the price and payment over my car?
local LS i found on autotrader
http://www.extreme-customs.com/2000ls/details.htm

This vehicle is loaded with every option. It has Custom Paint,Custom Interior, 20" wheels and mobile DVD system. Still covered under factory warranty (4-year-50K). This is a 2000 Lincoln LS V8. It is in excellent shape. I had the entire vehicle refinished in 2001, It is black pearl. It looks black until the light hits it right and you can see the blue pearl come out, truly one of a kind. All of the interior woodgrain accents were refinished in a black and blue marble look. The wheels are 20" chrome Epics with TOYO tires. I have $3000 in receipts for them. I also have the factory 17" chrome Lincoln wheels with brand new tires. The audio has been upgraded as well, it consists of a Sony 7" in dash monitor and a Sony 10 disc CD/DVD changer in the trunk. The factory speakers have been replaced with Polk Audio all the way around with JL audio subwoofers. All of this audio was professionally installed and I have receipts for it along with all of the factory components.

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
since november 16, 2002.

·
The Parts Guy
7,268 Posts
Hey Phatbird, were you in St. Louis today? I say a car exactly like yours, same graphics, color, etc. up on St. Charles Rock Road by I-70 / I-270 this morning.

PHATBRD said:
How long have YOU OWNED YOUR MN12???

Heh, which one, I have 13 right now. I bought my first in August of 1999, and I still have it. I drove the car for 4 1/2 years before I parked it to start driving my splitport 94 LX.

-Rod

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Been in my family since it was brand new in 1991. My dad bought it and when he died, his first son inherited it.

I remember him saying... "I can't believe I own this car!" And he'd swirve around the road to show me how well it handled and the power it had. :)

I plan to keep it forever... more or less as a tribute to him.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
mom bought the car in sept '96 new at Bev Smith ford. I started making payments and took it over in dec. '99. I've been breaking parts and smoking tires evert since:)

joseph

·
Registered
601 Posts
October 1995 Since brand new, my mom got it and I got it when I was old enough to drive

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
September 30, 99...traded in my Cobra...which I had traded in my 94 Bird in for...which I had traded in my 93 LX 5.0 vert for...which I had traded in my 88 Turbo coupe for....there might be a pattern here.

This one is staying.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
JANUARY 19, 1999:D

Longest I have ever owned a vehicle and with the money I am now spending on it, will be with me for at least another 5 years before I probably retire it from daily driving duties. At that point I wil probably buy my in-laws new 2004 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate edition. SWEET RIDE!:cool:

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i owned a 1990 cougar from june 1995 to july 1998 , put 80,000 miles on it.
i have also had a s/c that i owned for about 6 months before i sold it to my uncle . my current kitty i have had for around 2 years now. i have also had a 1993 ls that my cousin now owns that i got for free. needs lots of help. :D

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
90 3.8 Bird Oct 00-Oct 01
93 3.8 Bird Dec 01-Nov 02
97 4.6 Bird Oct 02-Present

Frank

1 - 20 of 34 Posts