TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm getting vogtland spring for my ride. i'm having a hard time deciding how to go 3/4" or 1.6" i wanna get rid of that hedious fendewell gap, but i have a ground effects kit i salvage from my other tbird i wrecked and dont want to be scrapping all over the place. any ideas?:confused:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
i'm getting vogtland spring for my ride. i'm having a hard time deciding how to go 3/4" or 1.6" i wanna get rid of that hedious fendewell gap, but i have a ground effects kit i salvage from my other tbird i wrecked and dont want to be scrapping all over the place. any ideas?:confused:
There will be times when you'll think any lowering is too much, but 1 to 1.5 inches really makes a noticeable change in that gap, and keep tires at least as tall as a 225/60-16 or 215/70-15 on it. Wider is OK, but no shorter.

·
Banned
613 Posts
There will be times when you'll think any lowering is too much, but 1 to 1.5 inches really makes a noticeable change in that gap, and keep tires at least as tall as a 225/60-16 or 215/70-15 on it. Wider is OK, but no shorter.
what are you talking about???? i have the 1.6 drop with 245/45/18's and have ZERO problems and car look great!! and im pretty conservative when doing mods like that.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
When I had the Eibach's on, I had about a .75-1" front fender-tire gap. With the SC kit I still had no issues with getting it aligned. The only problem's I had with clearance was the exhaust dragging on speedbumps.

·
Banned
613 Posts
I have no issues with mine as of yet. I've driven over speedbumps hit some bad roads... The key is to either avoid them or just go over them slowly that's all.

I'm nervous when I change my exhaust if I'll have any issues.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,814 Posts
I have no issues with mine as of yet. I've driven over speedbumps hit some bad roads... The key is to either avoid them or just go over them slowly that's all.

I'm nervous when I change my exhaust if I'll have any issues.

Same here with my setup 1.5 drop and true duals :) Have yet to drag anything my exhaust guy done her right:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Tbird1997 said:
i think you miss read. he said atleast stock tires, he means you can go taller and wider than stock But no shorter.
That's right. ;)

CrystalPistol said:
what are you talking about???? i have the 1.6 drop with 245/45/18's and have ZERO problems and car look great!! and im pretty conservative when doing mods like that.
The poster opening the thread wanted to minimize the gap, not increase it. He wanted to drop the car in part to do it ... and he was concerned about ground clearance.

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit

225/60-16 is nominally 26.62" diameter

215/70-15 is nominally 26.85" diameter

245/45-18 is nominally 26.68" diameter

Your 245/45-18s are "OK" it seems.

:cool:

Later ....... :)

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
When I had the Eibach's on, I had about a .75-1" front fender-tire gap. With the SC kit I still had no issues with getting it aligned. The only problem's I had with clearance was the exhaust dragging on speedbumps.
True Dual Helps ;)

True Dual Helps ;)

Just don't lower it and go with some 20" or 22" rims. Always gotta sacrifice, thats how it is.

-Maic

·
smoothed and filled red pearl 94
631 Posts
the lowest point on my bird is not the exhaust... how the hell are you guys scraping?

John

1 - 20 of 25 Posts