TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can make it a joke or give me some advice

Just bought a hood want to put it on when it gets a little warmer around here.
Right now I only have my father-in law to help me put it on.
Any tips out there or secret gremlins I need to be looking for?
Special tools?

Oh, its going on a 95 LX

Thanks a million

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Is it stock or aftermarket? I'm guessing you got a fiberglass hood. Where in MO are you?

Jay

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a used stock hood for my 95 beater, I live in New Hartford MO near Bowling Green in Pike county.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
You're not that far from me then. I live near Winfield off of Hwy. 47, so I could just pick up Hwy 61 and shoot up your way. If you need help fitting the hood just let me know and we can try and find time to meet up. I fit the hood on my 95 by myself, so it shouldn't be too hard for 2 of us. The weekends would work best for me, as I don't always know my schedule during the week.

Jay

·
Registered
573 Posts
With the hood up on your car, use an awl and scratch where the hood hinge meets the body sheet metal under the hood. Pop off the hood prop rods. Need two people now. Remove the bolts connecting the hood to your car. I did mine in the cold and broke a bolt, so you might want to use blaster and let it soak. The rest is TLC. I'll bet the new one fits like magic.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Pretty much. I used the marks in the paint on the tops of the fenders to re-align the hinges and just bolted it down. Was pretty close. It does get a little awkward holding that heavy hood by yourself though, lol... Not recommended.

Jay

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys and thanks for the offer fordman If my father-in law cant do it we will summon you and pay you some cash or buy you so some barley shakes (beer) for your time.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
No need for a cash payment, I'd be happy to help. Although, I may take a beer or 2, lol.. Just let me know. PM me if you need my phone #.

Jay

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I'm a little too far to help, but my bro is an auto-body guy here at LSTC. Maybe (if I'm able to go) I'll see you guys at World Ford Challenge in May?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I'm hoping to make it, but I have sooooo much to finish on my bird. Gotta get the fiberglass hood fit/installed, install the side skirts and rear valence, paint said hood, GFX, roof and front/rear bumpers. Also have to get my nice new trans. installed w/ cooler and Mark 8 driveshaft. It's not so much that the work is hard, the hardest part is doing it all myself and finding time to do so. Between work and "wife time" I have to plan way ahead to do stuff. Maybe I can convince some of the MO guys to help me out when it gets warm :D

Jay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts