TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many times have you been pulled over and why.

I cant remember them all in order but"

1st time, was doing donuts at 1am in the high school parking lot on ice, they gave me a warning and told me to have my headlights on next time. They called in 2 other cops after the pulled me over.

2nd time, was rushing through a stop sign, He gave me a warning because I told him I was gonna be sick.

3rd time, Pulled over for being suspicious, 20 Suvs with 4 wheel drive were flying around me right after it snowed and the officer pulled me over to ask why I was going so slow.

4th time, Unsafe start, I squeeled my tires from a stop light, I challenged it with my $27 dollar a month lawyer and he pulled out a paper and handed it to the judge and the case was practically dismissed there and then.

5th time, Reckless driving, This one is still in the woodwork, I could not have sped in the space he claimed to of seen me speeding. I may have though I was coming from the long stretch of the school parking lot, but he didnt think before he acted so Im having to waste my time and money fighting this one.

Chopped exhaust in 1st gear will get you an instant speeding ticket.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
well i was pulled over once...

months before i drove very very very wreckless...slammin brakes speeding...going 85 in local areas...i was mad at the time :rolleyes:

but that day he pulled me over going 55 in a 45 mph zone...

*awkward silence*...

for all those times i f*cked around this time i got pulled over?...BS!!!...i was gonna be late to school and it was my second week of college so yea couldnt be late..

ticket ended up being 100 bucks but payed 3 days late so it went to 400...then i ignored it and went to 666...*i know scarry coicedence!!*..right before they sent me the notice that i might get a suspended liscense i paid the 666 and everything is back to normal...

IF U EVER GET A TICKET JUS PAY IT AND FORGET IT!!..unless u wanna pay $666

:mad:

I have a belly button

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I've been pulled over three times since I have been able to drive.

all of them were for speeding, and all of them were in mY 280zx.

Why not play with all that power after driving a 80hp datsun 210 for a year?!?!

I had my fun, now Im a granny!

MG:cool: :eek:

:uppoint: (and how do you still have your licence?!) (I call bull-ish)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
wow and I thought I was bad for my age.... damn I have nothing to worry about!

MG:confused:

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
4 times.

1st - took a right turn at 20 mph in a school zone, received a verbal warning

2nd - cited for 42 in a 30, a few weeks after i turned 18 (im 22 now), completed defensive driving, got ticket taken off my record

3rd - pulled over last october (3 years later, not too bad huh?), cited for doing 56 in a 40, took def. driving, got ticket taken off record

4th - pulled over two months later :mad: for doing 85 in a 65 (BS), couldnt do dd so i got it deferred for the amount of the ticket (judge was feeling generous that day i guess)

·
Registered
671 Posts
3 times.

First time was leaving college. SUNY Old Westbury is on a large plot of land. College building are in the center and it is about 1 mile to the road from the parking lot. The campus is partolled by State PD whom have nothing to do. I approached a stop sign to exit the parking lot and he was sitting there with his headlights on and everything (night student), I stopped, looked at him, and proceeded. Well, he starts following me. I'm pissing my pants, doing 30 on the nose, and 15 or so car lengths from the main road to exit the campus he puts on his lights. No ticket,, but he made me sit there and sweat it out. I think he pulled me over for my loud exhaust.

Second time was returning from Martinsville VA with Mercoug302, following him, doing over 80 just north of DC. We got clocked at 83 in a 65, tickets written for 73 in a 65. $65 ticket if I remember correctly.

Third time in the next town over (Rockvile Center) got pulled over by a town cop (Inc. Village cops are pricks). This guy needed to get laid or something because he insisted I had tints until I rolled my window up. He saw my blue light on the dash and assumed I had a siren in the car too. Showed him my ID's and NYS Blue Light Card and he was still a dick about it. Then he was complaing about my exhaust (Shouldnt've downshifted... :) ) Got off because I was a firefighter... no ticket. Oh, initial reason for getting pulled over, 60 in a 55... and I was in the middle lane moving with traffic. I think it was my exhaust again.

You know your exhaust is too loud when people yell at you for doing 20 down their street... they can walk as fast as Im going!!!

·
Registered
817 Posts
3 times

once in the school parking lot doing donuts. the campus cop tried to scare me but failed cause i knew he couldnt do jack shyt cause the school is a private property. they gave me a day of inschool. big whoop.

once for doing 85 on the freeway. i was in the middle lane, big rig in front of me, another in the slow lane, both doing 65. i got an opening so i punched it and went from 65 to 85 before i cleared the big rig, and apparently there was a cop in front of the one in the slow lane, thus the cautious traffic. i was actually doing a good 90 befre i decided to let off a bit(was a little pissed from being behind slow *** rig for so long) but soon realized there was a cop behind me. i told him the whole thing and that i slowed down cause 90 is my limit on public roads and he gave me the ticket for 85 instead of 90. he was a cool guy too.

then one for "blue front lights". i had just got to the spot where the street races were gonna be at, me and my buddy were waiting for everyone to show. he had his integra, me in the tbird. a cop pulls out of nowhere and stops right in front of us. my freind gives him hella lip about it being perfectly legal for us to be there and all this crap, the cop wrote him up for illegal tint, no plates, exhaust, illegal mod of intake, the works. he comes up to me after making my friend leave and is like "if you backtalk to me you will get the same thing your freind got" so i was hella cool to him, and he was to me. we talked about V8's for a goot 10 minutes and he was like "i just wanna see whats under your hood, if anythings illegal i will just act as if i didnt see it" so i popped the hood and he loved my "custom" intake tubes and complimented me. but he niticed my clear headligh lenses and asked me to turn them on. i had just burnt out my orange ones so i bought some 'hyper white" ones from autozone, which happened to have alittle blue. he cited me for a fixit and i was on my way.

but ive noticed cops will follow me in the eclipse now. theyre just waiting for me to give it the slightest amount of acceleration so they can pull me over. its quite funny sometimes. they think that just cause its an import its gonna sound like rice and be driven by a ignorant punk kid. nope. its only loud when im at wot and full boost, other than that its just a little louder than stock at cruising speeds. but the bov is loud as hell, so i got to make sure not to build boost otherwise the man will get me when he hears the psst.

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
I've been pulled over twice. Once for doing 92 in a 65 (That was a 300 dollar ticket.) Sorta BS, a moving truck was behaving erracticly in the lane next to me.. he was about one car length ahead, so I moved over into the 3rd lane of a 4 lane Freeway and got on the gas. As soon as I had changed lanes, the officer hit his lights, so I pass the car in the lane to the right and start to pull over, thinking he's after somebody else. I figured he saw the truck weaving just like I did. (Lesson? Never assume the cop sees anything but the 18 y/o in the sports car.) Pulled me over, was a total dick the whole time. His partner came up to the passenger side of the car and started mad doggin my girlfriend at the time. (I know it's proceedure, but I still thought it was a little much.) Whatever. Took driver's training, paid the fine. It's not on my record...

Second time was about a month ago. I was taking a friend of mine home after a day of job hunting and after turning onto the street just before his house, this motorcycle cop comes out of no where and pulls me over. I'm like.. WTF? Where did he come from? Well.. my friend and I are both in a nice shirt and tie and the cop was probably expecting a couple of wannabe thugs (He lives in a ****ty neighborhood and I had my front windows tinted.) He comes up to the side of the car, I have my windows half down. He looks into the car and the first word out of his mouth was, "Oh." I could see the thought process on his face. "Well.. I guess I gotta ticket these guys for something now..." I think he just pulled us over using the tint laws as an excuse to search the vehicle, but changed his mind when he saw how we were dressed. lol. Anyway.. 10 dollar fix-it ticket and the place I got my windows tinted at is going to re-do the for half price.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Once, remarkably for a 92 in a 65, started out 421 but they knocked it down to 316 in court. I was guilty, I went there and made out my check, and was on my way.

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
I've been pulled over twice, although for some reason I want to say three times, but I can't remember the third.

First was at 2 in the morning on a backroad. I was really tired, and not paying attention to my speed, just wanted to go home and go to sleep, was going about 65 in a 45 in my Oldsmobile. Cop told me not to go so fast, to be careful, go home and go to sleep.

Second, I was pulled over as a prank. I worked with a guy that was was a cop, but worked at Advance Auto part time for more money. He thought it'd be funny to scare the be-Jesus out of me. He was right.

--Molly

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
17 times... 14 tickets arrested 2 twice.... BTW 11 of those tickets are by the same cop and are off my record and he is no longer a cop............ anf the two times I was arrested it was a because I love on the border of two states and they dont talk to each other at all and screwed up....

·
Registered
871 Posts
Pulled over going 89 in a 30, and no ticket. The reason I was speeding is because it was a open farm road leading to a light, I was going 55 like most people on the road but I tried to make the light and didn't realize how fast I was going. It also helps to have 3 PBA cards & a badge. :D I got pretty lucky though, I could have had my license revoked.

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
twice.

1st time was 87 in a 65 (which was very accurate), 127 bucks, see ya.

2nd time I was pulled over for not stopping behind the white line and driving my dad's lincoln mark8 (@ 2am). Apparently it was registered to a 40 something year old and not the guy behind the wheel ...oh wait, my insurance card says I'm insured and oh yea, who else's name is on the loan? oohhh thats right, ME.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Once....by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. Guy said I ran a red light (red circle, not arrow, no sign saying no turn on red) turning onto a one way street in Punta Gorda; which incidentally the turn lane onto the one way street forms it's own new lane on the one-way. It was complete BS, he told me I almost hit someone which is impossible as I had my own new lane. No ticket or warning.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I’m sorry, but I refuse to answer this question on the grounds that it will (no might about it) incriminate me. :leftright

I think in the 25 years I've been driving I would guess about 10 - 15 times. I used to average 1 per year from about age 16 to 26. :beek:

But none in the last 10 years… I’ve been a good boy. :D

Some more “noticeable” instances:

55 mph in a 5 mph “hospital” zone. Fine: $1 (yep, one US Dollar… on the island of Yap :D )

145 mph in a 55 mph zone. Fine: no ticket or fine. :2huh: :D

Doing a burnout with a policeman directly behind me. Fine: “Breaking traction” and speeding (55 in a 45) $100. (A huge cloud of tire smoke with flashing blue lights embedded in it is not a fun sight to see in your mirror) :beek:

The conversation:
Officer, “Didn’t you see me sitting directly behind you at the stop light?!?”
Me, “Sir, if I had, I would not have done what I just did!!!”
Officer, “Wahahahahahahhahaha, ok, fair enough, it won’t be “exhibition of speed” or “reckless driving”, but I have to give you some kind of ticket...”

Pulled over twice (once in NY, and once in CA) by police wanting to know if I wanted to sell my 65 Fastback (no kidding, lights and all)

All the rest were speeding with tickets like 71 mph in a 55 zone with the usual $100 or so fine. No DUI, Reckless Driving, ect. :D

Yes, in my younger days, I was an idiot… :leftright

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
im not going into details, but im good for 1-2 a year. mostly speeding, my dman lead foot!

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Cops Reason: Suspicion of drunk driving. (Driving too slow, driving too close to the white line.)
What really was going on: 2am during the summer, the girlfriend and I were out for a cruise. I was in a 5 speed, we went out into the country and.... well lets just say once we got out there I couldn't get the car out of first gear, so I'm creeping along a country road at night at 15mph when I see a car crest a hill behind us. I know it's a no-passing zone for the next few miles due to the hills and curves so I make her move so I can speed up. Well the car gets right on my tail and follows us for a couple minutes before pulling me over for suspicion of drunk driving.
Outcome: Told "Go home kids, and drive safely"

Reason: working third shift, on my way to work and this car next to me started being an *** so I just took off and left them. Get up to a light and sit there waiting watching this car come up towards me again so I take off when the light goes green... With an unmarked cop sitting right next to me. He pulls in behind me and I just knew by the way he wouldn't get off my tail it was a cop so I leave the next light normally and he turns on the lights and pulls me over, the other car takes off the other direction.
Result: I explain the situation to the cop, he tells me "I think that's the first time I've heard someone say they were accelerating quickly to stay out of trouble." and let me on my way.

Reason: 17 over the speed limit. People were pissing me off so I flew past them in a passing zone and didn't let off, cop was coming the other direction.
Result: I got it knocked down to 8 over and paid the fine.

Reason: Cop in median of highway, of course everyone is moving slowly. I'm in the fast lane, person in front of me pulls over into slow lane and suddenly the lights come on behind me. Pull over, get patted down (still on third shift so I'm going to work at 10:30pm and wearing a leather trench coat), made to sit in the cruiser of which the radar wasn't even on, and being told I somehow made it to 18 over in the less than a second I didn't have a car in front of me.
Result: Showed up at court, explain to judge traffic was already below the speedlimit because of the cop in the median so there's no way I accellerated 23mph in less than a second in a Galant. Also told him the radar wasn't on, he looked over at the cop, the cop shook his head, judge let me go without even having to pay court costs.

Reason: On the way to SSHS2 in Atlanta, meet up with a camaro and just stick with him to make up some time. Crest a hill, 5 or 6 cops speed trapping. I slam on the brakes, so does the camaro and two of the cops pull us over.
Result: 9 over (good thing he didn't clock me till after the nose of the bird was in a dive), paid the ticket, no contest.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
5 times in the less than 4 years I've had my license:

1. "Speeding" 2 am on a CT highway, second cop called for backup. I was going 55 in a 65. I was pulled over for having a loud car with MA plates in CT at 2 am if you ask me. That was 45 minutes of sitting on the side of the road, I was almost certain I was gonna get arrested for nothing. Result: Written Warning

2. Speeding for real, 45 in a 30 literally like 100 yards from my house. Yelled at and given a written warning

3. Blew a stop sign, one of those rolling stop for a split second and go deals. Same cop as #2, he remembered me and still another written warning.

4. "Failure to use headlights" I was pulled over by 2 cops at the same time after I left a parking lot in a well lit area without my lights on at night. The digital gauges in my car light up, so I didn't know until I turned the corner where I pulled over I went oops, forgot the lights, popped em on and was basically accused of robbing the store I had left. Written warning for "failure to use headlights"

5. Expired sticker: They change color yearly, all that color were expired, pulled over told to get a new one. Went to get the sticker and got in to an accident on the way. Other party in the accident took off never to be heard from, nice, huh?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts